Re: Can you explain the deference- Faith of Jacobites

  • Bejoy Chacko
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 12, 2008
      Dear all,
      I read Mr.Abin's message: ie,
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SOCM-FORUM/message/12622

      Dear Abin,
      We should discuss this subject, the generations are changing. One of
      my friend, he was studied in north India. Only upto 5th class he was
      in Kerala. That's why he is asking about jacobite church. He is also
      from jacobite family. He is telling, he asked his doubts to one
      Chevalier, but he answering about Methran kakshi and Bava kakshi. And
      about church cases, and also telling-St. Thomas have no Throne.
      Methran kakshi priests have no Kaiveppu. etcÂ….He could not understand
      anything. He is asking about same doubts to me also, really I don't
      know about history. So Mr. Abin, don't escape or hide from new
      generations. Now we are living in the middle of Santhosh Madhavan,
      Thanku Brother, K.P yohannan----------.

      He is asking "Apostle Peter is believed to have established a church
      in Antioch in AD 37, the remnants. The bishophric of Antioch was
      recognized in the ecumenical Synod of Nicea (AD 325) as one of the
      Patriarchates of Christendom (along with that of Alexandria and Rome).
      It produced a line of sccession beginning with Apostle Peter which
      continues to this day in the Syriac Orthodox Church."

      It means St. Peters Thrones made ( I think four now) after AD 325.?
      Same thing happened in India also by St. Thomas ?

      Regard,

      Bejoy Chacko
      Riyadh
      From the desk of the Moderator: