Membership into the Orthodox church?

  • Larry Quintana
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 10 11:10 AM
      Greetings,

      I was wondering how one becomes a member or gains membership into the
      SOC? I am new to true Orthdoxy and have been attending a St Mary's in
      Denver with my family. I know of Chrismation, but was wondering how
      long you have to attend to be Christmated. Also are there classes we
      should attend to become more familiar with the different aspects of
      the faith I.E. fasts, feasts, ceremonies, understanding the Holy
      Qurbono?

      I also must remind the readers that we are American and only speak
      english. So would this be a hinderance for us to further our walk
      with the church and Christ?

      Another question I have is this. In the eye of the Church would we be
      considered "saved" as it is beleived within Protestant circles? I
      know as of right now we believe in the risen Christ and always have,
      but at this stage we are seeking a more pure form of worship to our
      Lord. We are seeking a church that has more Apostolic authenticity
      and historic Tradition, rather than that of the American Mega church
      expierience.

      Thank you
      Grace and peace in the love of Chirst
      Brother Larry
    • Babu Jacob
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 12 2:10 PM
        Dear Mr.Quintana,

        Since you are attending the Church Service at our St.Mary's Syriac
        Orthodox Church in Denver, Colorado please first ask your questions
        to the two learnt priests there, Rev.Fr.George Parathuvayalil
        (Respected Vicar) or Rev.Fr.Thomas Korah Pulparayil. After that you
        also can find details of our Churches & activities by clicking
        http://www.Malankara.com, the official website of the Archdiocese.
        Thank you.

        With regards,

        Babu Jacob