36 Christian ways to Reduce stress

  • Thomas Daniel
    Message 1 of 1502 , Oct 8, 2002
      36 Christian Ways to Reduce Stress
      1. Pray
      2. Go to bed on time.
      3. Get up on time so you can start the day unrushed.
      4. Say No, to projects that won't fit into your time schedule, or that will
      compromise your mental health.
      5. Delegate tasks to capable others.
      6. Simplify and unclutter your life.
      7. Less is more. (Although one is often not enough, two are often too many.)
      8. Allow extra time to do things and to get to places.
      9. Pace yourself. Spread out big changes and difficult projects over time;
      don't lump the hard things all together.
      10. Take one day at a time.
      11. Separate worries from concerns. If a situation is a concern, find out what
      God would have you to do and let go of the anxiety. If you can't do anything
      about a situation, forget it.
      12. Live within your budget
      13. Have backups; an extra car key in your wallet, an extra house key buried in
      the garden, extra stamps, etc.,
      14. K.M.S. (Keep Mouth Shut.) This single piece of advice can prevent an
      enormous amount of trouble.
      15. Do something for the Kid in You everyday.
      16. Carry a Bible with you to read while waiting in line.
      17. Get enough exercise.
      18. Eat right.
      19. Get organized so everything has its place.
      20. Listen to a tape while driving that can help improve your quality of life.
      21. Write thoughts and inspirations down.
      22. Everyday, find time to be alone.
      23. Having problems? Talk to God on the spot. Try to nip small problems in the
      bud. Don't wait until its time to go to bed to try and pray.
      24. Make friends with Godly people.
      25. Keep a folder of favorite scriptures on hand.
      26. Remember that the shortest bridge between despair and hope is often a
      good "Thank you Jesus!"
      27. Laugh.
      28. Laugh some more!
      29. Take your work seriously, but yourself not at all.
      30. Develop a forgiving attitude (most people are doing the best they can).
      31. Be kind to unkind people (they probably need it the most).
      32. Sit on your ego.
      33. Talk less; listen more.
      34. Slow down.
      35. Remind yourself that you are not the general manager of the universe.
      36. Every night before bed, think of one thing you're grateful for that you've
      never been grateful for before.
    • SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com
      Message 1502 of 1502 , Oct 1, 2004
        Dear members