2 Auxiliary Bishops for Knanaya Archdiocese

  • SOCM News Bureau
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 11 7:35 AM
      On Wednesday, June 11, 2008, His Holiness Moran Mor Ignatius Zakka I Iwas, Patriarch of Antioch, the Supreme Head of our Universal Syrian Orthodox Church, celebrated the Holy Qurbono at the St. Peter's & St. Paul's Patriarchal Cathedral of the St. Aphrem the Syrian Monastery at Ma'arrat Seydnaya, Damascus, Syria, and during the Holy Qurbono, His Holiness consecrated Rev. Kuriakose Kolath with the name, " Mor Ivanios Kuriakose " and Rev. Job Thottathil with the name, �Mor Silvanos Ayoub� as Auxiliary Bishops for Knanaya Archdiocese of Malankara.

      Their Eminences Mor Sevarios Kuriakose-Archbishop of Knanaya Archdiocese, Mor Gregorios Kuriakose-Metropolitan of Kallisseri diocese, Mor Timotheos Aphrem Aboodi - Former Patriarchal Vicar for Canada, Mor Theophilos George Saliba- Secretary to the Holy Synod and Daniel Mor Clemis of Lebanon attended and assisted His Holiness at this blessed consecration ceremony.

      It was also attended by a large gathering of Rabans (Monks), Priests, Deacons, Nuns and around 75 Syrian Orthodox Faithful from Malankara.

      Photos of the Holy consecration will be updated as soon as possible

      SOCM News Bureau - Damascus