Re: CAN YOU EXPLAIN THE DIFFERENCE

  • Dipu George
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 8, 2008
      Dear Padhikan,

      If that is the case why do we agree to let the Bishops and priests of the Indian Orthodox Church in our places of worship?

      For example i know of a case (a few years back) where, during the tour to the Holy Land, An Indian Orthodox Bishop and a priest have entered the altar of St Marks Monastery at Mt Zion at Jerusalem conducted Holy Qurbana and then unscrupulously declaring that THEIR Parumala Thirumeni had also done the same when the saint had undergone Pilgrimage there. The gracious heart of our concerned Bishop(in permitting those people) there need to be lauded but, was he aware about the invalidity of the Indian Orthodox Priesthood?

      Doesnt it mean that the altar is desecrated as a result . Hasnt it been defiled? and also is the Indian Orthodox Qurbana just an imitation as a result?

      The most important faith and salvation is the Grace from our God and Lord Jesus and seeking the KIngdom of God .

      The case of Jesus saying thus to the thief on the cross is a case in point and can be used as an argument..Our heart and mind should be pure but then again the traditions and the Order and Heirarchy of the Church (Body of Christ) aids in the true faith and is considered important too.

      Ignorance is Bliss is what we see amongst us when we deal with our Indian Orthodox Brethren.

      Wish some of the clergy members of this forum could throw light on this matter.

      Forgive this sinner if i am wrong.

      Dipu George
      St George Simhasana Church
      Tiruvalla