A Prayer from the Desert

  • Mark Sedrak
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 6, 2008
      A Prayer from the Desert

      Lord, Jesus Christ, whose will all things obey: pardon what I have done and grant that I a sinner, may sin no more. Lord, I believe that though I do not deserve it, you can cleanse me from all my sins. Lord, I know that man looks upon the face, but you see the heart. Send your Spirit into my inmost being, to take possession of my soul and body. Without you I cannot be saved; with you to protect me, I long for your salvation. And now I ask you for wisdom, deign of your great goodness to help and defend me. Guide my heart, almighty God, that I may remember your presence day and night.

      From: Daily Reflections with the Desert Fathers
      http://orthodoxbookstore.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=2492399
      http://orthodoxbookstore.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=2492451

      Mark Sedrak