I read today

  • Varugese C J
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 2, 2008
      Dear All,

      Today, I read the following from Jeremiah, Chap. 14:11-16.

      "11 Then the LORD said to me, "Do not pray for the well-being of this
      people. 12 Although they fast, I will not listen to their cry; though they offer burnt offerings and grain offerings, I will not accept them. Instead, I will destroy them with the sword, famine and plague." 13 But I said, "Ah, Sovereign LORD, the prophets keep telling them, 'You will not see the sword or suffer famine. Indeed, I will give you lasting peace in this place.' "

      14 Then the LORD said to me, "The prophets are prophesying lies in my name. I have not sent them or appointed them or spoken to them. They are prophesying to you false visions, divinations, idolatries and the delusions of their own minds. 15 Therefore, this is what the LORD says about the prophets who are prophesying in my name: I did not send them, yet they are saying, 'No sword or famine will touch this land.' Those same prophets will perish by sword and famine. 16 And the people they are prophesying to will be thrown out into the streets of Jerusalem because of the famine and sword. There will be no one to bury them or their wives, their sons or their daughters. I will pour out on them the calamity they deserve."

      YES, I believe in the WORDS of our LORD. IT speak to me every day. IT help me to console myself when I am in pain; IT guide me when I am in trouble; IT relieve me of my worries. IT is essential for me as food and water in my every-day life.

      I thank GOD ALMIGHTY to proclaim HIS Words thro' this FORUM, and pray for the people behind it.

      Regards,
      CJ Varughese
      Mem ID 1012
    • Varugese C J
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 5, 2008
        Dear All,

        I read today the following from Micha 7:2-3:

        "2 The godly have been swept from the land; not one upright man remains. All men lie in wait to shed blood; each hunts his brother with a net. 3 Both hands are skilled in doing evil; the ruler demands gifts, the judge accepts bribes, the powerful dictate what they desire´┐Ż they all conspire together."