Spiritual Words.

  • Mark Sadek
    Message 1 of 1895 , Jun 3 7:06 PM
      CHRIST IS RISEN! TRULY HE IS RISEN!

      "Even should a person be guilty of countless evils, the judgement exercised by conscience is not destroyed; it is part of our nature, after all, having been placed within us by God from the beginning. Even if we dispute its rulings countless times, it keeps on protesting, punishing, condemning, and there is no one living in sin who does not suffer countless pangs, both in intending evil and in putting the intention into effect."

      St. John Chrysostom.

      "And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God." Romans 12:2
    • Mark Sadek
      Message 1895 of 1895 , Jun 18 5:56 PM

        "...advance into battle without hesitation. Should you be visited by the troubling thought of the hatred and undying malice, which the enemies harbor against you, and of the innumerable hosts of the demons, think on the other hand of the infinitely greater power of God and of His love for you, as well as of the incomparably greater hosts of heavenly angels and the prayers of saints. They all fight secretly for us and with us against our enemies."

        Lorenzo Scupoli, Unseen Warfare.

        "Bless the Lord, you His angels, Who excel in strength, who do His word, Heeding the voice of His word."  Psalm 103:20

        The Bible reading for the 12th of Baunah, June 19, is:
        24 Another parable He put forth to them, saying: The kingdom of heaven is like a man who sowed good seed in his field; 25 but while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat and went his way. 26 But when the grain had sprouted and produced a crop, then the tares also appeared. 27 So the servants of the owner came and said to him, `Sir, did you not sow good seed in your field? How then does it have tares?' 28 He said to them, `An enemy has done this.' The servants said to him, `Do you want us then to go and gather them up?' 29 But he said, `No, lest while you gather up the tares you also uproot the wheat with them. 30 `Let both grow together until the harvest, and at the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, First gather together the tares and bind them in bundles to burn them, but gather the wheat into my barn. ' 31 Another parable He put forth to them, saying: The kingdom of heaven is like a mustard seed, which a man took and sowed in his field, 32 which indeed is the least of all the seeds; but when it is grown it is greater than the herbs and becomes a tree, so that the birds of the air come and nest in its branches. 33 Another parable He spoke to them: The kingdom of heaven is like leaven, which a woman took and hid in three measures of meal till it was all leavened. 34 All these things Jesus spoke to the multitude in parables; and without a parable He did not speak to them, 35 that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, saying: I will open My mouth in parables; I will utter things kept secret from the foundation of the world. 36 Then Jesus sent the multitude away and went into the house. And His disciples came to Him, saying, Explain to us the parable of the tares of the field. 37 He answered and said to them: He who sows the good seed is the Son of Man. 38 The field is the world, the good seeds are the sons of the kingdom, but the tares are the sons of the wicked one. 39 The enemy who sowed them is the devil, the harvest is the end of the age, and the reapers are the angels. 40 Therefore as the tares are gathered and burned in the fire, so it will be at the end of this age. 41 The Son of Man will send out His angels, and they will gather out of His kingdom all things that offend, and those who practice lawlessness, 42 and will cast them into the furnace of fire. There will be wailing and gnashing of teeth. 43 Then the righteous will shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. He who has ears to hear, let him hear! (Matt. 13:24-43)
        Commemoration of Archangel Michael.
        Departure of St. Justus, 6th Pope of Alexandria.
        Departure of St. Kyrillos II, 67th Pope of Alexandria.
        Departure of St. Euphemia.

        The Bible reading for the 13th of Baunah, June 20, is: Matthew 25:31-46
        Departure of St. John, Bishop of Jerusalem.
        Commemoration of Archangel Gabriel, the Announcer of Daniel the Prophet.

        Prayer Requests:

        Urgent: Amal - Cancer.
        Urgent: Magda - Cancer.
        Anthony Cacho - Recovery from heart surgery on 6/1 (valve replacement and bypass). Also, his wife for comfort.
        C's uncle - Stage 4 cancer.
        Sam - Drugs Addiction.
        B.E.
        Yaga - Cancer.