Re: Info about Official website of Jacobite syrian church

  • Shibin Paul
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 1, 2008
      Dear Alex,

      Thankyou for the information.

      This link i have already tried and as you mentioned I got only the
      home page.

      Yes it is correct that these IOC people cannot come even near by our
      churches even though they mentioned all as their. We all know they
      are great manipulators of the time.

      Previously IOC was hanging only to their 1954 Bible. One thing I was
      wondering when I saw the list of churches in their website is that,
      they have included Jacobite syrian churches with independent
      constitutions which are under the Holy see of "Antioch and all the
      East" as theirs. I think if things are going like this one day they
      will claim for St. Peter's basilica of Rome which belongs to
      Catholic Church.

      St. Thomas Jacobite syrian church North Paravoor has it's own
      constitution which is formed well before IOC 1954 bible. And the
      important thing is that from the time the first prayer happened in
      our church the church is showing all its love and respect only to
      Patriarch of Antioch, the Catholicose of India who is ordained by
      Patriarch and the metrapolitians comming under HH patriarch.

      As you mentioned this is same for almost all the old churches in
      malankara.

      This is very shame ful for IOC to claim for somebody else child.

      Thanks,
      Shibin Paul Maaniyara
      4006

      --- In SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com, Alex John wrote:

      > dear Shibin,
      >
      > We have one offcial website inagurated by our respected
      > Sabha Secretary almost 1 and a half year back, but it is still
      > in "BAALARISHTTAM". Below mentioned is the link,
      >
      > http://www.jacobitesyrianchurch.in/

    • Shibin Paul
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 1, 2008
        Hi,

        Yes its very important to have our official website start working.
        So that it will be helpful for all our church members to know the
        latest church newses. It is the requirement of the time to make
        young generation to understand the real faith and history of our
        church, as people are always around them to mislead.

        If we are hosting the parish directories of each diocese with their
        adresses it will be easy for our church members to trace out the
        nearby churches. As all of you know,it will be really helpful for
        the NRKs.

        We should utilize the benifits of the E-age. we can even publish
        ongoing church projects and charity activities that happening in our
        church.

        We can even check the feasibility( Both legal and technical) of
        including an online transaction facility to the church bank account
        to raise funds for charities and projects in our website.

        Thanks,
        Shibin Paul.
        4006

        If we are able to provide the

        --- In SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com, Sinoj Abraham Edayanal wrote:

        > Hello,
        >
        > I also noticed the same thing that mentioned by Shibin. But no
        worries. they are always depending on lies and spreading false
        propagandas... But we need an official site for our church..
        > there are too many sites and always confusion. none of them are
        > complete and donno which is the official one. We should have an
        official commitee for that and should organize in a proper way.
        Google search will also give a number of sites and almost all are
        incomplete.
      • Nibu M John
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 4, 2008
          Dear Friends,

          We have many unofficial websites related to our church.
          Your parish website cab be listed in the directory of Syrian Church .Org (http://www.syrianchurch.org/CHURCHES.html)

          If you wish to create your church website free, please contact contact
          http://www.jacobitesyrianchurch.org we are offering free space for Jacobite Churches on following format.

          http://www.yourchurch.jacobitesyrianchurch.org

          eg. (http://www.stgeorge.jacobitesyrianchurch.org)

          Prepare your church site and inform syrianchurch.org
          webmaster to include in the directory.

          Nibu M John
          http://www.jacobitesyrianchurch.org