Spiritual Words.

  • Mark Sadek
    Message 1 of 1837 , Jun 1, 2008
      CHRIST IS RISEN! TRULY HE IS RISEN!

      "If you are suffering for your faith in Christ, the Lives of the Saints will console you and encourage you and make you bold and give you wings, and your torments will be changed into joy. If you are in any sort of temptation, the Lives of the Saints will help you overcome it both now and forever. If you are in danger from the invisible enemies of salvation, the Lives of the Saints will arm you with the 'whole armor of God.' and you will crush them all now and forever and throughout your whole life. If you are in the midst of visible enemies and persecutors of the Church of Christ, the Lives of the Saints will give you the courage and strength of a confessor, and you will fearlessly confess the one true God and Lord in all worlds - Jesus Christ - and you will boldly stand up for the holy truth of His Gospel unto death, unto every death, and you will feel stronger than all deaths, and much more so than all the visible enemies of Christ; and being tortured for Christ you will shout for

      joy, feeling with all your being that your life is in heaven, hidden with Christ in God, wholly above all deaths."

      Fr. Justin Popovich.

      "Therefore know that the Lord your God, He is God, the faithful God who keeps covenant and mercy for a thousand generations with those who love Him and keep His commandments." Deuteronomy 7:9
    • Mark Sadek
      Message 1837 of 1837 , Mar 15 5:25 PM

        "Remember God’s promises and you will be comforted in all your troubles. But if you forget them, say with David the Prophet, 'Remember the word to Your servant, Upon which You have caused me to hope. This is my comfort in my affliction, For Your word has given me life.' (Ps 119:49-50)."

        His Holiness Pope Shenouda III.

        "Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal."  1 Corinthians 13:1

        The Bible reading for the 7th of Baramhat, March 16, is:
        35 Then it happened, as He was coming near Jericho, that a certain blind man sat by the road begging. 36 And hearing a multitude passing by, he asked what it meant. 37 So they told him that Jesus of Nazareth was passing by. 38 And he cried out, saying, Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me! 39 Then those who went before warned him that he should be quiet; but he cried out all the more, Son of David, have mercy on me! 40 So Jesus stood still and commanded him to be brought to Him. And when he had come near, He asked him, 41 saying, What do you want Me to do for you? He said, Lord, that I may receive my sight. 42 Then Jesus said to him, Receive your sight; your faith has made you well. 43 And immediately he received his sight, and followed Him, glorifying God. And all the people, when they saw it, gave praise to God. (Luke 18:35-43)
        Martyrdom of Sts. Philemon and Apollonius.
        Martyrdom of St. Mary the Israelite.

        The Bible reading for the 8th of Baramhat, March 17, is: Matthew 15:21-31
        Martyrdom of St. Matthias, the apostle.
        Departure of St. Julian, the Eleventh Pope of Alexandria.
        Martyrdom of St. Arianus, the Governor of Ansena.
        Commemoration of the Departure of His Holiness Pope Shenouda III, 117th Pope of Alexandria and Patriarch of the See of St. Mark.
        Commemoration of the Departure of Father Faltaeous El Soriany.

        Prayer Requests:

        I. Tadros - Broken ankle, awaiting surgery.
        C's uncle - Stage 4 cancer.
        Sam - Drugs Addiction.
        B.E.
        The Helmi family.
        Yaga - Cancer.
        Robert - 8-month-old infant with a rare kidney disease.
        Faith and family - Healing and guidance
        Ricardo F. - Serious Health issues
        Thomas, Matthew, Irene and Ayman M.
        Hanna - Heart surgery
        Ursula - Another surgery
        Evelyn - Cancer
        5 years old Luke - Health issues
        Daoud - Peace.
        Edith D.
        AA and her kids
        MB
        Emad
        Brienne B. - Dealing with a serious illness
        John B. - Peace
        M & M - Strong faith
        Mina, I.
        Mary - Illness