Re: Moscow Patriarchate Rejects Catholic-Orthodox Statement on Papal Primacy

  • Thomas
    Message 1 of 3 , May 28, 2008

      > 21-May-2008 -- Catholic World News Brief
      > Moscow Patriarchate Rejects Catholic-Orthodox Statement on
      PapalPrimacy

      > Moscow, May. 20, 2008 (CWNews.com) - The Russian Orthodox Church
      hasofficially rejected a doctrinal statement approved by a
      jointCatholic-Orthodox theological commission at a meeting in
      Ravenna,Italy last October.

      The Moscow Patriarchate is going to have to quit stomping its feet to get its way or no one will listen.

      The Moscow Patriarchate's situation in Russia is very weak among lay
      people. Many Russians will not go to confession because they don't
      trust their clergy. During the Communist days many real priests
      disappeared only to be replaced by government agents. No false
      clergy were replaced just because Communism is officially gone.

      Many people in Russia don't trust the Orthodox bishops. The
      Patriarchate is trying to strengthen its position by making it
      difficult for non-Patriachal Orthodox Churches and non-Orthodox
      bodies to function. This is self-defeating.

      Tom
      ========================
      From the desk of the Moderator:
    • Anton Tsibulchik
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 2, 2008
        Dear all,

        As a Russian Orthodox Christian I'm not inclined to discuss any moves
        of the Moscow Patriarchate. Do not judge and you will not be judged. At
        the same time, I have the greatest respect for His Holiness Patriarch
        Bartolomew (Patriarch of Constantinople). Maintaining the sanctity of
        the holy throne in such a hostile environment and without any
        governmental support is more than a tough job, it's a feat of labour.
        Long live His Holiness Patriarch Bartolomew!

        Best regards

        Anton Tsibulchik
        Dedovsk, Moscow, Russia

        --- In SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com, Thomas wrote:

        > The Moscow Patriarchate is going to have to quit stomping its feet to
        get its way or no one will listen.
        From the desk of the Moderator:
        (SOCM-FORUM-owner@yahoogroups.com)and obtain a member ID BEFORE POSTING ANY MORE MESSAGES in SOCM. Thank you for your cooperation