Re: Info about Official website of Jacobite syrian church

  • Sinoj Abraham Edayanal
    Message 1 of 6 , May 30, 2008
      Hello,

      I also noticed the same thing that mentioned by Shibin. But no worries. they are always depending on lies and spreading false propagandas... But we need an official site for our church..
      there are too many sites and always confusion. none of them are
      complete and donno which is the official one. We should have an official commitee for that and should organize in a proper way. Google search will also give a number of sites and almost all are incomplete.

      With Prayers

      Sinoj Abraham Edayanal
      AB, Canada
      http://stmaryschurchvadavucode.com
      ID # 4009

      --- In SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com, Shibin Paul wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > I would like to get the link for our church's official website.
      >
      > Today I saw in IOC website all our parishes are listed as theirs. Even
      > my parish North Paravoor St. Thomas Jacobite Syrian church which do
      not have even 1 IOC member is listed as their.
    • Shibin Paul
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 1, 2008
        Dear Alex,

        Thankyou for the information.

        This link i have already tried and as you mentioned I got only the
        home page.

        Yes it is correct that these IOC people cannot come even near by our
        churches even though they mentioned all as their. We all know they
        are great manipulators of the time.

        Previously IOC was hanging only to their 1954 Bible. One thing I was
        wondering when I saw the list of churches in their website is that,
        they have included Jacobite syrian churches with independent
        constitutions which are under the Holy see of "Antioch and all the
        East" as theirs. I think if things are going like this one day they
        will claim for St. Peter's basilica of Rome which belongs to
        Catholic Church.

        St. Thomas Jacobite syrian church North Paravoor has it's own
        constitution which is formed well before IOC 1954 bible. And the
        important thing is that from the time the first prayer happened in
        our church the church is showing all its love and respect only to
        Patriarch of Antioch, the Catholicose of India who is ordained by
        Patriarch and the metrapolitians comming under HH patriarch.

        As you mentioned this is same for almost all the old churches in
        malankara.

        This is very shame ful for IOC to claim for somebody else child.

        Thanks,
        Shibin Paul Maaniyara
        4006

        --- In SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com, Alex John wrote:

        > dear Shibin,
        >
        > We have one offcial website inagurated by our respected
        > Sabha Secretary almost 1 and a half year back, but it is still
        > in "BAALARISHTTAM". Below mentioned is the link,
        >
        > http://www.jacobitesyrianchurch.in/

      • Shibin Paul
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 1, 2008
          Hi,

          Yes its very important to have our official website start working.
          So that it will be helpful for all our church members to know the
          latest church newses. It is the requirement of the time to make
          young generation to understand the real faith and history of our
          church, as people are always around them to mislead.

          If we are hosting the parish directories of each diocese with their
          adresses it will be easy for our church members to trace out the
          nearby churches. As all of you know,it will be really helpful for
          the NRKs.

          We should utilize the benifits of the E-age. we can even publish
          ongoing church projects and charity activities that happening in our
          church.

          We can even check the feasibility( Both legal and technical) of
          including an online transaction facility to the church bank account
          to raise funds for charities and projects in our website.

          Thanks,
          Shibin Paul.
          4006

          If we are able to provide the

          --- In SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com, Sinoj Abraham Edayanal wrote:

          > Hello,
          >
          > I also noticed the same thing that mentioned by Shibin. But no
          worries. they are always depending on lies and spreading false
          propagandas... But we need an official site for our church..
          > there are too many sites and always confusion. none of them are
          > complete and donno which is the official one. We should have an
          official commitee for that and should organize in a proper way.
          Google search will also give a number of sites and almost all are
          incomplete.
        • Nibu M John
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 4, 2008
            Dear Friends,

            We have many unofficial websites related to our church.
            Your parish website cab be listed in the directory of Syrian Church .Org (http://www.syrianchurch.org/CHURCHES.html)

            If you wish to create your church website free, please contact contact
            http://www.jacobitesyrianchurch.org we are offering free space for Jacobite Churches on following format.

            http://www.yourchurch.jacobitesyrianchurch.org

            eg. (http://www.stgeorge.jacobitesyrianchurch.org)

            Prepare your church site and inform syrianchurch.org
            webmaster to include in the directory.

            Nibu M John
            http://www.jacobitesyrianchurch.org