Re: Congratulations to Thaipparampil Babychayan

  • CJ Varughese
    Message 1 of 2 , May 26, 2008
      Dear & Respected Johnachan,

      Thanks for correcting me. I also requested Bro. Reji to publish your rejoinder to my observations in SOCM Forum.

      I acknowledge you as one of my best Sunday School Teachers, and I really meant that, and I still stand on that you taught me in my Sunday School Classes. Especially the Church History. I don't think history can't be destorted. History remain same. If somebody want's to rewrite history, and tell others this is the right one, then definitely there will have differing views on it. "Unity", "Love", "Forgiveness" are all good, if the intention is good. I would have appreciated your conviction of Unity, if you stand alone, not siding with others. Now I got it very clear, your hate of Mor Dionasios is the main reason you leave the Mother Church. The North-South divide in our Church is not a new thing. Even it was there when Vattasseril Thirumni was the Malankara Malpan. Another Malapan and His contemporary really bursted out on Vattaseril Thirumni on this issues in early 20th Century.

      Regarding 1970s split again in Malankara Church was the need of the hour. It wasn't orchestrated by Mor Dionasios; the faithfuls anger against how Mor Vattakkunnel Thirumni's election as successor to Mor Augen Bawa. Recently I came across an eye-witness of the same, a Journalist, who went to report the enthronment. Her proximity to Mor Augen Bawa compelled her to visit the confined prelate on this occasion. According to her, Mor Augen Bawas literally confined to House Arrest; branding His as insane. The then IOC hierarchy feared him a lot; and none of them want HH in public. My journalist friend swear that Mor Augen never write such a letter questionining the authority of HH Patriarch. His obedience to the Throne of Antioch is unquestionable. She literally fought with the care-taker of Mor Augen, and had a very pleasant meeting. Mor Augen was very happy to see her at that time of agony, and remembered lot of things which, she as a child had witnessed during her childhood, when Mor Augen was a Metropolitan at Muvattupuzha. My point in mentioning all this is nothing, but to remind you that since 1970s, whatever had happened in Malankara is an orchestrated one; and there is no truth at all. The multitude of people, who are still suffering with the un-ethical way of IOC treating them can't forget the injustice they have met with. Our Church, and its members are lucky not to face any of such difficulties. Our Sahada (Mor Ignatios) really helped all our faithfuls, and still protecting our church. In early 70s once the satanic forces tried, but failed to harm our Church. I am a witness to it, but you may not. It's all God's will, not any individual's might.

      I, as an individual faithful, am not going to gain anything in being stern to my faith; even I do not carry any distant hope of unity of Jacobites with IOC. Unity in faith matters is different; why can't you be an ambassador to it.

      I seek your forgiveness, if any of my observations hurt your feelings.
      Regards,Varughese (Joy)

      CJ Varughese
      Member ID 1012