Re: Administative changes and milking cows

  • Shinu Jesus Abraham
    Message 1 of 3 , May 28, 2008
      Greetings to all

      When the growth is not structured and not scientifically and
      geographically correlated it can only considered a short term
      adjustment. These short term adjustments will only become
      unproductive and create problems in the long run.

      Let me not doubt a bit the good intentions of the Holy synod
      dividing the gulf and Europe region and been divided between the
      small diocese which need assistance for growth. But at the same time
      where are the rights and concerns of the churches in the gulf region
      voiced as Mr. Varkey Titus clearly pointed out. It is logical not to
      include them as members of association but that shouldn't prevent
      creating a platform or representation for them.

      To my opinion it would have been ideal to be to have a gulf diocese
      with a metropolitan in charge on behalf of HH and each church had
      been directed each year for assisting a certain project on rotation
      basis in different diocese.

      This would have attracted more belongingness and competitiveness for
      each parish contributing from the gulf who currently is locked in a
      dilemma of – why should I pay for this project of a particular
      diocese development (3 years as per the current decision), when I am
      from a far away place (yes we are only humans to think materialistic
      even in these). This should have made their voice heard in a more
      clear way in all the malankara and in the synod also through the
      designated metropolitan. Clash of interests should have been well
      studied and discussed among these churches/ representatives to have
      a more refined decision. Instead we just followed a wrong practice
      from other churches which have already proven its disadvantages
      during the years.

      Here too I wish can be proved wrong.

      May God bless us all

      Shinu Jesus Abraham
      Id # 2908

      --- In SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com, Oommen Varghese wrote:

      . Please don't forget that our diocese of Quilon , Thumpamon ,
      Niranam , Thrichur , high range , etc who lack even basic amenities
      have a long way to go to be in par with the other diocese. Many of
      them are even in need of diocesian centres , new churches , etc. The
      N.R.I.
    • Thomas Mathew
      Message 2 of 3 , May 29, 2008
        Greetings to all.

        It is true that many diocese are financially back ward and needs
        support. We do not have a strong central administration which can
        properly contribute to the needy dioceses. It may not be that easy to
        create such a central financial control now, but needs to be done. If
        the central working committe where every church has a representaion is convinced that financial support is required then this needs to be
        exceuted at the audit of the central administration. Let us try to build up a strong administration.

        Proper respresenation of the Gulf churches can assist in more cash
        flows. Present administration needs to restudy the matter and give all churches of outside diocese proper respresentation. Now there is
        frustration among the parishners for not accepting them in the central working committee. I am ignorant on the reasons. If the parishners can not be accepted, then there money also should not be accepted. Present attitude towards the Churches in outside diocese is not justified and should change. Now they this gives a feeling that they are being used. Make them part of it and they will support the movement sincerely. Let us change for a better functioning..

        Warm regards..

        Thomas Mathew (Shajy)

        # 4800