Spiritual Words.

  • Mark Sadek
    Message 1 of 1992 , May 28, 2008
      CHRIST IS RISEN! TRULY HE IS RISEN!

      "...alongside...knowledge, there is our capacity to choose. This is the beginning of our salvation; by our free choice we abandon our own wishes and thoughts and do what God wishes and thinks. If we succeed in doing this, there is no object, no activity or place in the whole of creation that can prevent us from becoming what God from the beginning has wished us to be: that is to say, according to His image and likeness, gods by adoption through grace, dispassionate, just, good and wise, whether we are rich or poor, married or unmarried, in authority and free or under obedience and in bondage - in short, whatever our time, place or activity."

      St. Peter of Damaskos.

      "Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your labor is not in vain in the Lord." 1 Corinthians 15:58
    • Mark Sadek
      Message 1992 of 1992 , Nov 15 5:50 PM

        "Behold, for years and generations, the way of God has been leveled by the cross and by death. How is this with thee, that thou seest the afflictions of the way as if they were out of the way? Doest not thou wish to follow the steps of the saints? Or doest thou wish to go a way which is especially for thee, without suffering? the way unto God is a daily cross. No one can ascend unto heaven with comfort, we know where the way of comfort leads."

        St. Isaac the Syrian, Mystic Treatises.

        ------------------------------ -----------------

        "Be of the same mind toward one another. Do not set your mind on high things, but associate with the humble. Do not be wise in your own opinion."  Romans 12:16

        ------------------------------ -----------------

        The Bible reading for the 7th of Hatour, November 16, is:
        12 But before all these things, they will lay their hands on you and persecute you, delivering you up to the synagogues and prisons. You will be brought before kings and rulers for My name's sake. 13 But it will turn out for you as an occasion for testimony. 14 Therefore settle it in your hearts not to meditate beforehand on what you will answer; 15 for I will give you a mouth and wisdom which all your adversaries will not be able to contradict or resist. 16 You will be betrayed even by parents and brothers, relatives and friends; and they will put some of you to death. 17 And you will be hated by all for My name's sake. 18 But not a hair of your head shall be lost. 19 By your patience possess your souls. (Luke 21:12-19)
        Martyrdom of St. George of Alexandria.
        Martyrdom of St. Nehroua.
        Departure of St. Mina, Bishop of Tamai (Thmoui).
        The Consecration of the Church of St. George of Cappadocia.

        The Bible reading for the 8th of Hatour, November 17, is: John 1:43-51
        Commemoration of the Four Incorporeal Beasts.

        ------------------------------ -----------------

        Prayer Requests:

        Jessenia W - Bipolar depression.
        Urgent: Amal - Cancer.