Administative changes and milking cows

  • Oommen Varghese
    Message 1 of 3 , May 27 4:00 AM
      This is in reference to the message posted by Mr. Pathikan and Mr. Varkey Titus regarding the administrative changes . First of all, I would like to congratulate H.H., H.B. and The Holy Episcopal synod for making this bold decision in the interest of our holy church. We , the N.R.I.�s , are members of our home parish and as such represented in the decision making bodies of the church. It is thus our duty and obligation towards our church to support it in whatever way possible . The desicion of allocating parishes to weak diocese will without doubt uplift the condition of the latter . Please don�t forget that our diocese of Quilon , Thumpamon , Niranam , Thrichur , high range , etc who lack even basic amenities have a long way to go to be in par with the other diocese. Many of them are even in need of diocesian centres , new churches , etc. The N.R.I. parish members who enjoy the rights of their home parish and are fortunate to be better of than their brethren in Malankara, are duty bound to support the weak diocese of Malankara, to which their home parishes belong. As such, the statement of �milking the cow� becomes obsolete. If the administrative rights of all the rich N.R.I. churches are vested in one metropolitian, the support cannot be evenly spread nor can the mother church reap benefit in anyway. I hope and pray the administrative changes will contribute to this end. As a humble jacobite who wishes to see malankara church prosper in all spheres, I would like to extend my thanks once again to H.H. , H.B. , and The Episcopal synod of Malankara for making this wise and timeous decision
      Varghese
      # 1010
    • Shinu Jesus Abraham
      Message 2 of 3 , May 28 3:37 AM
        Greetings to all

        When the growth is not structured and not scientifically and
        geographically correlated it can only considered a short term
        adjustment. These short term adjustments will only become
        unproductive and create problems in the long run.

        Let me not doubt a bit the good intentions of the Holy synod
        dividing the gulf and Europe region and been divided between the
        small diocese which need assistance for growth. But at the same time
        where are the rights and concerns of the churches in the gulf region
        voiced as Mr. Varkey Titus clearly pointed out. It is logical not to
        include them as members of association but that shouldn't prevent
        creating a platform or representation for them.

        To my opinion it would have been ideal to be to have a gulf diocese
        with a metropolitan in charge on behalf of HH and each church had
        been directed each year for assisting a certain project on rotation
        basis in different diocese.

        This would have attracted more belongingness and competitiveness for
        each parish contributing from the gulf who currently is locked in a
        dilemma of – why should I pay for this project of a particular
        diocese development (3 years as per the current decision), when I am
        from a far away place (yes we are only humans to think materialistic
        even in these). This should have made their voice heard in a more
        clear way in all the malankara and in the synod also through the
        designated metropolitan. Clash of interests should have been well
        studied and discussed among these churches/ representatives to have
        a more refined decision. Instead we just followed a wrong practice
        from other churches which have already proven its disadvantages
        during the years.

        Here too I wish can be proved wrong.

        May God bless us all

        Shinu Jesus Abraham
        Id # 2908

        --- In SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com, Oommen Varghese wrote:

        . Please don't forget that our diocese of Quilon , Thumpamon ,
        Niranam , Thrichur , high range , etc who lack even basic amenities
        have a long way to go to be in par with the other diocese. Many of
        them are even in need of diocesian centres , new churches , etc. The
        N.R.I.
      • Thomas Mathew
        Message 3 of 3 , May 29 4:25 PM
          Greetings to all.

          It is true that many diocese are financially back ward and needs
          support. We do not have a strong central administration which can
          properly contribute to the needy dioceses. It may not be that easy to
          create such a central financial control now, but needs to be done. If
          the central working committe where every church has a representaion is convinced that financial support is required then this needs to be
          exceuted at the audit of the central administration. Let us try to build up a strong administration.

          Proper respresenation of the Gulf churches can assist in more cash
          flows. Present administration needs to restudy the matter and give all churches of outside diocese proper respresentation. Now there is
          frustration among the parishners for not accepting them in the central working committee. I am ignorant on the reasons. If the parishners can not be accepted, then there money also should not be accepted. Present attitude towards the Churches in outside diocese is not justified and should change. Now they this gives a feeling that they are being used. Make them part of it and they will support the movement sincerely. Let us change for a better functioning..

          Warm regards..

          Thomas Mathew (Shajy)

          # 4800