News: Jacobite Church Desires For Lasting Peace

  • SOCM
    Message 1 of 1502 , Oct 4, 2002
      Jacobite church desires for lasting peace
      UNI
      KOCHI: The Jacobite faction of the Malankara Syrian Church has expressed
      concern over the lack of response from the rival orthodox faction for
      conciliation, initiated by several organisations to restore peace in the church.

      Jacobite Church Catholicos Baselios Thomas-I told a news conference here on
      Friday that mediators led by noted Jurist V.R. Krishna Iyer had several rounds
      of talks with his church leaders in this regard. But he regretted that the
      orthodox faction was yet to respond to the mediatory efforts.

      He urged the orthodox faction to put an end to encroachment of parish churches
      managed by his faction and disrupt the receptions being given to him by the
      faithful.

      The Catholicos said any reasonable settlement proposed by the mediators would
      be acceptable to the Jacobite church as it wanted lasting peace in the church.
      www.newindpress.com (Kerala Section, 5th October 2002)
    • SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com
      Message 1502 of 1502 , Oct 1, 2004
        Dear members