Administrative Changes

  • SOCM News Bureau
    Message 1 of 4 , May 22 5:58 AM
      Dear All,

      The Holy Episcopal Synod had made the following administrative
      changes for outside India churches, which is already approved by the
      Patriarch H.H. Ignatius Zakka I Iwas. Details are as follows:

      Europe
      UK - Geevarghese Mor Koorilose
      Ireland - Kuriakose Mor Dioscoros
      Italy, Austria, Belgiam - Kuriakose Mor Theophilos

      Gulf
      Kuwait - Mor Thevodosios
      Bahrain, Qatar - Geevarghese Mor Athanasius
      Oman - Kuriakose Mor Eusebius
      UAE - Mathews Mor Aphrem

      Singapore - Thomas Mor Thimotheos

      Australia - Catholica Bava

      SOCM News Bureau - Kochi.
    • Varkey Titus
      Message 2 of 4 , May 25 7:21 AM
        Dear Moderators/Members,

        We now see a new set of metropolitans taking charge of different churches in Gulf and Europe. Well, sometimes it may be good for the Churches there (Or is it is 'distributed' for compensating the Bishops???), but what about the parishioners interests?? Will they get adequate representation in any of the Church forums in India, i.e. Managing Committee or Working Committee at any time??? Not at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why?? No responsible persons of the Church will answer!!!! When ever this issue is raised, there will be a lame excuse heard that these churches are not part of the Jacobite Syrian Christian Association and hence nobody from these parishes can be represented in the Managing Committee or Working Committee. Then how come these churches can be managed by the Bishops of this Association??? Are these Churches good only for providing the financial support for the 'in-charge' Bishops????? A milking cow, who doesn't need to get feeded!!! These churches can't say anything against the decisions taken for them!!!!!! What a justice????

        The Church hierarchy should immediately take proper decision on the representation of Gulf and Europe churches in the decision making bodies, or else it will be too late, and there will not be any decisions to be taken then!!!! Recently, an affluent member from Gulf was "NOMINATED" as member of the Working Committee by the Church hierarchy, but they think the Churches in the Gulf or Europe region is not good for sending any representation in the Managing Committee or Working Committee!!!!!

        When our hierarchy will come forward to address the request of the parishioners in Gulf & Europe?????????

        Varkey Titus
        Member id # 1024
      • Pathhikan
        Message 3 of 4 , May 26 6:03 AM
          Dear Brothers & Sisters,

          Rather than messing up or sending negative messages about these
          constructive changes, let us look for the possibilities. Since we
          have now our venerable Bishops to look after particular parishes in
          the Gulf area we can initially entrust them with the task of taking
          the respective issues to the higher authorities such as Holy Synod
          etc.

          Of course! The parishes outside India are the milking cows for our
          Malankara Sabha for several decades. Just for example, look in the
          history of our American Archdiocese. The hierarchy in Malankara
          always had a general stand against constituting an archdiocese for
          the Malankara Syrian Orthodox faithful in USA and Canada because such
          a change was considered to be an obstacle in reaching the milking
          cows. From early 60's onwards our people were emigrated to this part
          of the globe and until 1993 they did not have an archdiocese for the
          Malankarese. Not only that, although there were 20 to 30 full fledged
          congregations in USA/Canada having Holy services conducted in rented
          places or basements and 'not even had a Thattukada' of their own, our
          prelates were reaping very well in this hemisphere without any
          restriction. No consideration whatsoever was visible about the
          predicament of our struggling parishes here. There was nobody to
          attend to the grievances of these milking cows! This area was an
          extremely great fishing spot for everyone. And still its going on
          without much hindrance. In the opinion of the mass here, this
          practice has to be stopped forthwith by our Holy Father, the
          Patriarch, otherwise some day these milking cows will die without
          having any inheritors. Because this irresponsible habit of REAPING
          WITHOUT SOWING is like nipping the bud and stopping growth of the
          Holy Church for the benefit of our future generations in these areas.

          I am sure that I will be noticed and stamped as a trouble maker by
          certain quarters. Doesn't matter, we don't have to be afraid of
          talking the truth, the very truth.

          Peace.

          Padhikan

          --- In SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com, Varkey Titus wrote:

          > Dear Moderators/Members,
          >
          > We now see a new set of metropolitans taking charge of different
          churches in Gulf and Europe. Well, sometimes it may be good for the
          Churches there (Or is it is 'distributed' for compensating the
          Bishops???), but what about the parishioners interests?? Will they
          get adequate representation in any of the Church forums in India,
          i.e. Managing Committee or Working Committee at any time??? Not at
          all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why?? No responsible persons of the Church will
          answer!!!! When ever this issue is raised, there will be a lame
          excuse heard that these churches are not part of the Jacobite Syrian Christian Association and hence nobody from these parishes can be represented in the Managing Committee or Working Committee. Then how come these churches can be managed by the Bishops of this
          Association??? Are these Churches good only for providing the
          financial support for the 'in-charge' Bishops????? A milking cow, who doesn't need to get feeded!!! These churches can't say anything
          against the decisions taken for them!!!!!! What a justice????

        • VINUP VENDRAPILLIL
          Message 4 of 4 , May 29 1:10 AM
            Dear Mr. Varkey Titus,

            If iam not mistaken, I belive that through its a part of Malakkara Jacobite chruch its is purely under HH Moran Mor Ignatius Zakka Ist the Partiarch. So HH could appoint any bishops under his heriarchy as the metroplotians of these regions. So technically I dont know whether, gulf/europe could be a member of Working committe or Managing committe.

            Recently HH appointed news bishops for these sectors. May HH will take advice of HB Catholicos regarding this because the members 80% belongs to Malankkara.

            Hope my blive is right.

            Let god almighty Bless us all.
            VINUP VENDRAPILLIL

            From the desk of the Moderator: