Pakistan Church massacre survivor receives death threat

  • Thomas Daniel
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 31, 2001
      Pakistan Church massacre survivor receives death threat.

      An elderly woman who helped police draw sketches of gunmen who killed
      16 people in the Pakistani church massacre says she has received
      death threats.

      She says a phone call from one attacker warned her to "get ready for
      death".

      Police say 100 people have been detained for questioning about
      Sunday's attack on St Dominic's Church in Behawalpur.

      Maryam Jalal, 70, survived the attack and gave police information as
      they made sketches of three of six suspects. She said she received a
      call yesterday from a man who identified himself as one of the
      attackers.

      "He sounded furious", she said.

      "I had spared the old lady on Sunday, but now she will die. Get ready
      for death," he told her.

      "The caller has also threatened to kill my all children," she said.

      Police immediately put her under heavy guard. She is a close relative
      of SK Tressler, Pakistan's minister for minorities.

      SOURCE
      Ananova
      1-Nov-01
      Please pray for the Oppressed regardless their faith.