Re: Live telecast of holy Mass (Live from Damascus) is a possible id

  • Dr. George Kunju John
    Message 1 of 3 , May 5, 2008
      Dear All,

      The observation and true suggestion of Reji is indeed laudable. If we
      look back to our olden times the usage of loud speakers for holy
      querbono was objected. Today we see a person holding the microphone
      while HH Moran ordains bishops by invoking Holy Ghost. The same is
      available in the web. If we brouse the You Tube we find holy
      querbono, sacraments, gospels, intercessions and every thing.
      Recently one of my friends commented that he saw the picture of a
      holy father on a paper lying in a dirty place. It was not done
      intentionally by any one. The person who threw that paper never knew
      the holy father.

      The faith is more than any thing. If the above telecast helps any one
      to meditate, the blessing of Our Lord will certainly be showered upon
      him. If any one misuses it, he will reap the curses.

      Of course, making money out of such a spiritual activity is not
      acceptable. When I could view the ordination of Saji Achan by HH
      Moran I could feel the divine atmosphere. I remembered then the
      casset of the ordination of HH Moran by our late lamented HB Aboon
      Poulose that was shown to me my the vicar of Sydney Mor Aphrem Syrian
      church in Sydney.

      One of my friends in Kuwait sent to me the DVD of HH Moran Mathews II
      celeberating holy querbono. I shall be most grateful if any one can
      sent me a DVD of holy querbono celeberated by HH Moran. I will keep
      it with respects as i keep the DVD of 101 holy mass with me.

      May our selfless efforts to glorify the name of Our Lord be increased
      day by day.

      with humble prayers

      Dr.George Kunju John
      ID 0209

      --- In SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com, Chev. Thomas Daniel wrote:

      > Dear respected members of clegy and laymen,
      >
      > I do agree with all those who object the live telecast of the Holy
      Qurbono or even the video. It is a Mystery which was done by our LORD
      GOD JESUS CHRIST did in HIS Last Supper. Also it is the duty of the
      faithful to take part in it with full heart, soul and body. (How many
      of us practice it? It is another subject)

      > Yes this is applicable to the countries where these sacraments are
      celebrated without fear and freely.

      > What about those who are in a such a place where they are not even
      allowed to dream about it? Please do not forget there are such places
      exist in this modern free 21st century. There are faithfuls not
      hundreds but thousands in number, facing it. These faithful are not
      getting a chance to go out of these places for years and do not have
      a chance to take part in any of the sacraments. For those poor souls,
      these sorts of live telecast and video clipping will heal their
      spiritual wounds.