Why Is Manorama Against the Holy Syrian Church?

  • J M Paul
    Message 1 of 1 , May 4, 2008
      *Why Is Manorama Against the Holy Syrian Church? *

      Dear J Kurien,

      Thanks for your vivid picture about Manorama's "contibution" to the growth of Holy Syrian Church in Malankara. May I ask one doubt about why was Manorama turned against Holy Syrian Church that during my child hood I happened to hear that then Pathriyarkeese Bawa (either H H Pathrose III or H H Abdulla) had given *500 pawan gold * to Mamman Mappila of manorama for strengthening Syrian Church in Kerala and to increase the circulation of Manorama, at that time manorama was just a local newspaper based in Thiruvalla and Kottayam, and HH Bawa thought that increased circulation of manorama will help in countering CMS missionaries influence in the Holy Church. And Mamman Mappila bought a piece of land using this money in Kottayam (the current headquarters of Manorama at Kottayam) in the guise of for the promotion of the Holy church. But instead of using this financial assistance for the promotion of the Holy Church , he used this money only for increasing circulation of manorama and turned against Patriarkeese Bawa, an ego out of a guilty conscious, and joined with rebellious group headed by Vattasseril Methran, and since then Manorama has been vigorously against Holy Syrian Church.

      By

      JM Paul
      ID 4030