Spiritual Words.

  • Mark Sadek
    Message 1 of 1969 , May 5, 2008
      CHRIST IS RISEN! TRULY HE IS RISEN!

      "The demons try to undermine your inward resolution by buffeting your souls with an untold variety of temptations. Yet out of these many tribulations a garland is woven for you; Christ's power 'comes to its fullnes in us in our weakness' (2 Cor. 12:9). It is usually when our situation is most gloomy that the grace of the Spirit flowers within us. 'Light has shone in darkness for the righteous' (Ps. 112:4 LXX) - if, that is, 'we hold fast to our confidence and the rejoicing of our hope firmly to the end' (Heb. 3:6)."

      St. John of Karpathos.

      Jesus said to them, "I am the bread of life. He who comes to Me shall never hunger, and he who believes in Me shall never thirst." John 6:35
    • Mark Sadek
      Message 1969 of 1969 , Oct 15 5:31 PM

        The best prayer is: "Lord! Thou knowest all things. Do with me as Thou willest!"

        St. Theophan the Recluse.

        "And the world is passing away, and the lust of it; but he who does the will of God abides forever."  1 John 2:17

        The Bible reading for the 6th of Babah, October 16, is:
        1 Then the kingdom of heaven shall be likened to ten virgins who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom. 2 Now five of them were wise, and five were foolish. 3 Those who were foolish took their lamps and took no oil with them, 4 but the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps. 5 But while the bridegroom was delayed, they all slumbered and slept. 6 And at midnight a cry was heard: `Behold, the bridegroom is coming; go out to meet him!' 7 Then all those virgins arose and trimmed their lamps. 8 And the foolish said to the wise, `Give us some of your oil, for our lamps are going out.' 9 But the wise answered, saying, `No, lest there should not be enough for us and you; but go rather to those who sell, and buy for yourselves.' 10 And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came, and those who were ready went in with him to the wedding; and the door was shut. 11 Afterward the other virgins came also, saying, `Lord, Lord, open to us!' 12 But he answered and said, `Assuredly, I say to you, I do not know you.' 13 Watch therefore, for you know neither the day nor the hour in which the Son of Man is coming. (Matt. 25:1-13)
        Departure of the Righteous Hannah, the Prophetess Mother of Samuel, the Prophet.

        The Bible reading for the 7th of Babah, October 17, is: Luke 16:1-12
        Departure of St. Paul of Tamouh.

        Prayer Requests:

        Jessenia W - Bipolar depression.
        Urgent: Amal - Cancer.