Spiritual Words.

  • Mark Sadek
    Message 1 of 1391 , May 5 7:46 PM
      CHRIST IS RISEN! TRULY HE IS RISEN!

      "The demons try to undermine your inward resolution by buffeting your souls with an untold variety of temptations. Yet out of these many tribulations a garland is woven for you; Christ's power 'comes to its fullnes in us in our weakness' (2 Cor. 12:9). It is usually when our situation is most gloomy that the grace of the Spirit flowers within us. 'Light has shone in darkness for the righteous' (Ps. 112:4 LXX) - if, that is, 'we hold fast to our confidence and the rejoicing of our hope firmly to the end' (Heb. 3:6)."

      St. John of Karpathos.

      Jesus said to them, "I am the bread of life. He who comes to Me shall never hunger, and he who believes in Me shall never thirst." John 6:35
    • Mark Sadek
      Message 1391 of 1391 , May 20 8:56 PM

        CHRIST IS RISEN! TRULY HE IS RISEN!

        "The Son of God, Who in His compassion became man, died so far as His body was concerned when His soul was separated from His body, but this body was not separated from His divinity, and so He raised up His body once more and took it with Him to heaven in glory. Similarly, when those who have lived here in a godly manner are separated from their bodies, they are not separated from God, and in the resurrection they will take their bodies with them to God, and in their bodies they will enter with inexpressible joy there where Jesus has preceded us and in their bodies they will enjoy the glory that will be revealed in Christ. Indeed, they will share not only in resurrection, but also in the Lord's ascension and in all divine life. But this does not apply to those who live this present life in an unregenerate matter and who at death have no communion with God. For though all will be resurrected, yet the resurrection of each individual will be in accordance with his own inner state."

           St. Gregory Palamas.

        "Now it came to pass, while He blessed them, that He was parted from them and carried up into heaven. And they worshiped Him, and returned to Jerusalem with great joy."  Luke 24:51-52

        Prayer Requests:

        Scott Joshua J.
        John B. - Peace
        M & M - Strong faith