Re: Kabaradakkam - Good Friday

  • Mathew G M
    Message 1 of 5 , May 1, 2008
      Dear Moderators / Members,

      It was not my intention to violate the traditions of the church in
      sharing this video. I am very glad that Rev Fr. George and Mr Issac
      Joseph has corrected me. I understand that I was wrong and I apologize.

      I did not make the video or post it on youtube. It was done by the
      user "stephraimcathedral" on youtube. I don't attend St. Eprhraim
      Cathedral, for that matter I am not even in California, USA. When I
      did a search and found the video I just forwarded the link. So if any
      of our members are in California and/or know the user "stephraimcathedral", please get in touch with them and ask them
      to take down the video from the youtube.

      In Christ,
      Mathew G M
      0929
    • Dr. Sinu Punnasseril John
      Message 2 of 5 , May 5, 2008
        Dear Isaac,

        As far as I know, the practices of Great (good) Friday have slight
        differences in Middle East and in India. In SOC in Middle East and
        also in coptic church, the burial services are conducted with the
        curtain open. The crucifixion and death of Christ is done with
        curtain closed in all parts of our church, remembering the darkeness
        came on earth unusually for that hour, during his crucifixion.

        I dont think it is appropriate to criticize slight differences in
        practices in different regions of the church.

        Remember that church in India have even adopted Hindu
        traditions/practices in wedding and in Church festivals, which are
        not seen in other parts of the churches or anywhere in Bible.

        Sinu Punnasseril John, PhD
        Boston, MA

        ID: 0076