Spiritual Words.

  • Mark Sadek
    Message 1 of 1334 , Apr 30, 2008
      CHRIST IS RISEN! TRULY HE IS RISEN!

      "You have seen then, man, that transgression is evil, and that sin brings about suffering and anguish. Quick, man, flee from sin, think at once of death, for it is written, 'The prudent man treats sin harshly,' and 'The face of ascetics will shine like the sun.' Remember too that Moses 'preferred to suffer with the people of God rather than enjoy the passing pleasures of sin.' If you love the sufferings of the saints, they will be your friends and intercessors before God. He will grant all your proper requests, because you carried your cross and followed your Lord."

      St. Pachomius.

      "A man's heart plans his way, But the Lord directs his steps." Proverbs 16:9
    • Mark Sadek
      Message 1334 of 1334 , Feb 17

        "Let us then not be ashamed to confess our sins unto the Lord. Shame indeed there is when each makes known his sins, but that shame, as it were, ploughs his land, removed the ever-recurring brambles, prunes the thorns, and gives life to the fruits which he believed were dead. Follow him who by diligently ploughing his field, sought for eternal fruit: `Being reviled we bless, being persecuted we endure, being defames we entreat, we are made as the off scouring of the world.' If you plough after this fashion you will sow spiritual seed. Plough that you may get rid of sin and gain fruit. He ploughed so as to destroy in himself the last tendency to persecution. What more could Christ give to lead us on to the pursuit of perfection, than to convert and then give us for a teacher one who was a persecutor?"

           St. Ambrose of Milan.

        "Blessed is the man who endures temptation; for when he has been approved, he will receive the crown of life which the Lord has promised to those who love Him."  James 1:12

        Prayer Requests:

        John B. - Peace
        J. De Ramos - Stage 1 Leukemia.
        Mina, I.