Spiritual Words.

  • Mark Sadek
    Message 1 of 1837 , Apr 30, 2008
      CHRIST IS RISEN! TRULY HE IS RISEN!

      "You have seen then, man, that transgression is evil, and that sin brings about suffering and anguish. Quick, man, flee from sin, think at once of death, for it is written, 'The prudent man treats sin harshly,' and 'The face of ascetics will shine like the sun.' Remember too that Moses 'preferred to suffer with the people of God rather than enjoy the passing pleasures of sin.' If you love the sufferings of the saints, they will be your friends and intercessors before God. He will grant all your proper requests, because you carried your cross and followed your Lord."

      St. Pachomius.

      "A man's heart plans his way, But the Lord directs his steps." Proverbs 16:9
    • Mark Sadek
      Message 1837 of 1837 , Mar 15 5:25 PM

        "Remember God’s promises and you will be comforted in all your troubles. But if you forget them, say with David the Prophet, 'Remember the word to Your servant, Upon which You have caused me to hope. This is my comfort in my affliction, For Your word has given me life.' (Ps 119:49-50)."

        His Holiness Pope Shenouda III.

        "Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal."  1 Corinthians 13:1

        The Bible reading for the 7th of Baramhat, March 16, is:
        35 Then it happened, as He was coming near Jericho, that a certain blind man sat by the road begging. 36 And hearing a multitude passing by, he asked what it meant. 37 So they told him that Jesus of Nazareth was passing by. 38 And he cried out, saying, Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me! 39 Then those who went before warned him that he should be quiet; but he cried out all the more, Son of David, have mercy on me! 40 So Jesus stood still and commanded him to be brought to Him. And when he had come near, He asked him, 41 saying, What do you want Me to do for you? He said, Lord, that I may receive my sight. 42 Then Jesus said to him, Receive your sight; your faith has made you well. 43 And immediately he received his sight, and followed Him, glorifying God. And all the people, when they saw it, gave praise to God. (Luke 18:35-43)
        Martyrdom of Sts. Philemon and Apollonius.
        Martyrdom of St. Mary the Israelite.

        The Bible reading for the 8th of Baramhat, March 17, is: Matthew 15:21-31
        Martyrdom of St. Matthias, the apostle.
        Departure of St. Julian, the Eleventh Pope of Alexandria.
        Martyrdom of St. Arianus, the Governor of Ansena.
        Commemoration of the Departure of His Holiness Pope Shenouda III, 117th Pope of Alexandria and Patriarch of the See of St. Mark.
        Commemoration of the Departure of Father Faltaeous El Soriany.

        Prayer Requests:

        I. Tadros - Broken ankle, awaiting surgery.
        C's uncle - Stage 4 cancer.
        Sam - Drugs Addiction.
        B.E.
        The Helmi family.
        Yaga - Cancer.
        Robert - 8-month-old infant with a rare kidney disease.
        Faith and family - Healing and guidance
        Ricardo F. - Serious Health issues
        Thomas, Matthew, Irene and Ayman M.
        Hanna - Heart surgery
        Ursula - Another surgery
        Evelyn - Cancer
        5 years old Luke - Health issues
        Daoud - Peace.
        Edith D.
        AA and her kids
        MB
        Emad
        Brienne B. - Dealing with a serious illness
        John B. - Peace
        M & M - Strong faith
        Mina, I.
        Mary - Illness