Re: Live telecast of holy Mass (Live from Damascus) is a possible id

  • Babu David
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 29, 2008
      Dear Moderators

      I agree with Mr.Anoop Mani.Holy Qurbana, the Queen of Sacraments and it is not something to be viewed through Television or Computer screen. Those who want to attend Holy Qurbana must take the pain of going to the church and there is no difference betweeen Holy Qurbana celebrated by H H the Patriarch and an ordinary priest. Moreover Holy Qurbana is a sacrement & not a TV Show or serial for entertainment. Holy Qurbana is the Sacrament for the faithful and not everybody who tunes the website or TV channel.

      With prayers.
      Babu David
    • Chev. Thomas Daniel
      Message 2 of 3 , May 4 12:19 AM
        Dear respected members of clegy and laymen,

        I do agree with all those who object the live telecast of the Holy Qurbono or even the video. It is a Mystery which was done by our LORD GOD JESUS CHRIST did in HIS Last Supper. Also it is the duty of the faithful to take part in it with full heart, soul and body. (How many of us practice it? It is another subject)

        Yes this is applicable to the countries where these sacraments are celebrated without fear and freely.

        What about those who are in a such a place where they are not even allowed to dream about it? Please do not forget there are such places exist in this modern free 21st century. There are faithfuls not hundreds but thousands in number, facing it. These faithful are not getting a chance to go out of these places for years and do not have a chance to take part in any of the sacraments. For those poor souls, these sorts of live telecast and video clipping will heal their spiritual wounds.

        Telecast of Holy Qurbono by Jeevan TV on every Thursday night is warmly welcomed by these faithful and many small groups gathered in one place and recited the prayers. It is giving them a real spiritual time and their kids are getting chance to learning the prayers without any fear or tension.

        After all, the salvation of the souls is orthodoxy.

        The same time please don't make Holy Qurbono or any other sacraments as a business venture.

        It is after all my personal opinion. Thanks to all of you respected writers and readers.

        In HIS Love
        Chevalier Thomas Daniel (Reji)
        # 0001
        http://www.socmnet.org
      • Dr. George Kunju John
        Message 3 of 3 , May 5 9:58 PM
          Dear All,

          The observation and true suggestion of Reji is indeed laudable. If we
          look back to our olden times the usage of loud speakers for holy
          querbono was objected. Today we see a person holding the microphone
          while HH Moran ordains bishops by invoking Holy Ghost. The same is
          available in the web. If we brouse the You Tube we find holy
          querbono, sacraments, gospels, intercessions and every thing.
          Recently one of my friends commented that he saw the picture of a
          holy father on a paper lying in a dirty place. It was not done
          intentionally by any one. The person who threw that paper never knew
          the holy father.

          The faith is more than any thing. If the above telecast helps any one
          to meditate, the blessing of Our Lord will certainly be showered upon
          him. If any one misuses it, he will reap the curses.

          Of course, making money out of such a spiritual activity is not
          acceptable. When I could view the ordination of Saji Achan by HH
          Moran I could feel the divine atmosphere. I remembered then the
          casset of the ordination of HH Moran by our late lamented HB Aboon
          Poulose that was shown to me my the vicar of Sydney Mor Aphrem Syrian
          church in Sydney.

          One of my friends in Kuwait sent to me the DVD of HH Moran Mathews II
          celeberating holy querbono. I shall be most grateful if any one can
          sent me a DVD of holy querbono celeberated by HH Moran. I will keep
          it with respects as i keep the DVD of 101 holy mass with me.

          May our selfless efforts to glorify the name of Our Lord be increased
          day by day.

          with humble prayers

          Dr.George Kunju John
          ID 0209