Re: Entry to church after delivery

  • Johnson Mannathoor
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 28, 2008
      Shlomo to Mr. Kochumon and all readers.

      In the Holy Book we study about Mayalto of our Lord which our church
      celebrate on Feb 2'nd. As per the custom, the time period for the
      women who delivered to get purified was 40 days. This is the reason
      why our church insists for the baptism after 40 days. And in
      Malankara, traditionally it is done after 90/60 days. This period
      is the special treatment period for the mother and the baby. Till
      this period (baptism) neither the mother nor the baby go to church
      or attend public functions.

      Regarding the second point as you already know women who are
      undergoing the monthly periods cannot participate in the holy
      sacraments. This is written in the church canon also.

      In his love

      Johnson #2335

      -
      -- In SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com, Kochumon Mannicherry wrote:

      > Dear friends
      >
      > I would like to ask a question regarding entry in to church after
      delivery. I have seen many times ladies entering to church after
      delivery after some special prayers. What is this all about? Is there
      > any reason why we do this and some ladies said there is a time
      limit where they cannot enter in church.