Re: Live telecast of holy Mass (Live from Damascus) is a possible idea?

  • Rinu Sam
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 27, 2008
      It is not neceassary to telecast live Qurbana by HH Patriarch.
      Holy Qurbana ia Partaking / Participating Sacrement by the fathful
      of the church Holy qurbana is not cricket / musical concert / or Film, Drama or social event. It is the real sacrifice of Lamb Jesus Christ's rememberance. The real pesence of God cannot be achived by media bradcast

      ID No.4038

      --- In SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com, Varghese Mathew wrote:

      > Hi All,
      >
      > Since we have lot of believers all over the world, it will be a
      > great idea to telecast live holy Mass of H.H Patriarch of Antioch
      > through internet.
      >
      > The site should not be a technical challenge since there are lots of
      > similar ones (e.g.: for live cricket, live news etc..) but there may
    • Kochumon Mannicherry
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 29, 2008
        Dear Anoop and Rinu

        Sorry i jumbed in with out thinking much. You guys are right, its not really something for any one to tune in and then have coffe on sofa. Thanks for making me think.

        Kochumon Mannicherry
        1019

        --- In SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com, Anoop Mani wrote:

        > Respected Moderators,
        >
        > It is true that all of us are very much interested in attending the
        > Holy mass of His Holiness the Patriarch. But Holy Qurbana, the Queen
        > of Sacraments is not something to be viewed through Television or
        > Computer screen. It is not a matter of publicity or a media to earn
        > money. Those who want to attend Holy Qurbana must take the pain of
        > going to church. There is no difference betweeen Holy Qurbana
        > celebrated by H H the Patriarch and an ordinary priest. Moreover
        Holy Qurbana is the Sacrament for the faithful not everybody who
        tunes the website or TV channel.

        > Anoop Mani
        > ID - 4037
      • Anoop K Baby
        Message 3 of 6 , May 12 10:49 PM
          All

          You can view a video of holy qurbano celeberated in the Patriarchal St. Peter and St. Paul Cathedral in Ma'arat Saydnaya, Damascus on the below given urls. Actually it was a Priest ordination video of Fr. Saji Thomas, Pachilakkattu ( currently achan is the vicar of St.George Cathedral, Karingachira ) The ordination was by His Holiness The Patriarch Moran Mor Ignatius Zakka I Iwas with the assitance of Metropolitans H.E. Mor Gregorios Joseph and H.E. Mor Athanasius Geevarghese

          Urls :

          Part1 --
          http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1649085732613906338&hl=en

          Part2 --
          http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5250262296511225188&hl=en

          Part3 --
          http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4763416630590281792&hl=en

          Part4 --

          http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4726703131367978691&hl=en

          Thanks

          Anoop K Baby
          Member ID # 1005
          St. Johns Jacobite Syrian Church, Nellikkunnel, Mannathoor
          http://nellikkunnelpally.org
          http://kandanaddiocese.org