Re: Live telecast of holy Mass (Live from Damascus) is a possible idea?

  • Anoop Mani
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 26, 2008
      Respected Moderators,

      It is true that all of us are very much interested in attending the
      Holy mass of His Holiness the Patriarch. But Holy Qurbana, the Queen
      of Sacraments is not something to be viewed through Television or
      Computer screen. It is not a matter of publicity or a media to earn
      money. Those who want to attend Holy Qurbana must take the pain of
      going to church. There is no difference betweeen Holy Qurbana
      celebrated by H H the Patriarch and an ordinary priest. Moreover Holy Qurbana is the Sacrament for the faithful not everybody who tunes the website or TV channel.

      Anoop Mani
      ID - 4037

      --- In SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com, Varghese Mathew wrote:

      > Hi All,
      >
      > Since we have lot of believers all over the world, it will be a
      > great idea to telecast live holy Mass of H.H Patriarch of Antioch
      > through internet.
      >
      > The site should not be a technical challenge since there are lots of
      > similar ones (e.g.: for live cricket, live news etc..) but there may
      > be some initial costs to setup the infrastructure. But I believe
      > this should be easily affordable, also we can provide links
      > for "donations, kurbana panam, etc.. make payable though site using
      > credit card, or check or mailing facility etc.

    • Rinu Sam
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 27, 2008
        It is not neceassary to telecast live Qurbana by HH Patriarch.
        Holy Qurbana ia Partaking / Participating Sacrement by the fathful
        of the church Holy qurbana is not cricket / musical concert / or Film, Drama or social event. It is the real sacrifice of Lamb Jesus Christ's rememberance. The real pesence of God cannot be achived by media bradcast

        ID No.4038

        --- In SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com, Varghese Mathew wrote:

        > Hi All,
        >
        > Since we have lot of believers all over the world, it will be a
        > great idea to telecast live holy Mass of H.H Patriarch of Antioch
        > through internet.
        >
        > The site should not be a technical challenge since there are lots of
        > similar ones (e.g.: for live cricket, live news etc..) but there may
      • Kochumon Mannicherry
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 29, 2008
          Dear Anoop and Rinu

          Sorry i jumbed in with out thinking much. You guys are right, its not really something for any one to tune in and then have coffe on sofa. Thanks for making me think.

          Kochumon Mannicherry
          1019

          --- In SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com, Anoop Mani wrote:

          > Respected Moderators,
          >
          > It is true that all of us are very much interested in attending the
          > Holy mass of His Holiness the Patriarch. But Holy Qurbana, the Queen
          > of Sacraments is not something to be viewed through Television or
          > Computer screen. It is not a matter of publicity or a media to earn
          > money. Those who want to attend Holy Qurbana must take the pain of
          > going to church. There is no difference betweeen Holy Qurbana
          > celebrated by H H the Patriarch and an ordinary priest. Moreover
          Holy Qurbana is the Sacrament for the faithful not everybody who
          tunes the website or TV channel.

          > Anoop Mani
          > ID - 4037
        • Anoop K Baby
          Message 4 of 6 , May 12, 2008
            All

            You can view a video of holy qurbano celeberated in the Patriarchal St. Peter and St. Paul Cathedral in Ma'arat Saydnaya, Damascus on the below given urls. Actually it was a Priest ordination video of Fr. Saji Thomas, Pachilakkattu ( currently achan is the vicar of St.George Cathedral, Karingachira ) The ordination was by His Holiness The Patriarch Moran Mor Ignatius Zakka I Iwas with the assitance of Metropolitans H.E. Mor Gregorios Joseph and H.E. Mor Athanasius Geevarghese

            Urls :

            Part1 --
            http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1649085732613906338&hl=en

            Part2 --
            http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5250262296511225188&hl=en

            Part3 --
            http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4763416630590281792&hl=en

            Part4 --

            http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4726703131367978691&hl=en

            Thanks

            Anoop K Baby
            Member ID # 1005
            St. Johns Jacobite Syrian Church, Nellikkunnel, Mannathoor
            http://nellikkunnelpally.org
            http://kandanaddiocese.org