Entry to church after delivery

  • Kochumon Mannicherry
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 23, 2008
      Dear friends

      I would like to ask a question regarding entry in to church after delivery. I have seen many times ladies entering to church after delivery after some special prayers. What is this all about? Is there
      any reason why we do this and some ladies said there is a time limit where they cannot enter in church.

      Thank you
      # 1019
    • Rinu Sam
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 26, 2008
        Please refer to Luke chapt 2 versus 22 as well as Levicts chapt 15.

        Rinu Sam
        # 4038

        --- In SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com, Kochumon Mannicherry wrote:

        > Dear friends
        >
        > I would like to ask a question regarding entry in to church after
        delivery. I have seen many times ladies entering to church after
        delivery after some special prayers. What is this all about? Is there
        > any reason why we do this and some ladies said there is a time limit
        where they cannot enter in church.

        > Thank you
        > # 1019

      • Johnson Mannathoor
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 28, 2008
          Shlomo to Mr. Kochumon and all readers.

          In the Holy Book we study about Mayalto of our Lord which our church
          celebrate on Feb 2'nd. As per the custom, the time period for the
          women who delivered to get purified was 40 days. This is the reason
          why our church insists for the baptism after 40 days. And in
          Malankara, traditionally it is done after 90/60 days. This period
          is the special treatment period for the mother and the baby. Till
          this period (baptism) neither the mother nor the baby go to church
          or attend public functions.

          Regarding the second point as you already know women who are
          undergoing the monthly periods cannot participate in the holy
          sacraments. This is written in the church canon also.

          In his love

          Johnson #2335

          -