H.H. Patriarch Ignatius Zakka Iwas I Visits H.H. Catholi cos Aram I‏

  • SOCM News Bureau
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 16, 2008
      H.H. PATRIARCH MOR IGNATIUS ZAKKA IWAS I VISITS HIS HOLINESS ARAM I

      SOLNews. ANTELIAS, Lebanon - (15.4.2008). The Head of the Syrian Orthodox Church, Patriarch Mor Ignatius Zakka Iwas I, arrived in Antelias on a special visit from Damascus Tuesday evening.

      The Patriarch met with Catholicos Aram I discussing issues related to bilateral relations and cooperation between the two churches. They were later joined by the Spiritual Leader of the Ethiopian Orthodox Church, Patriarch Abune Paulos, who was on a one-day visit to Antelias.

      The three spiritual leaders discussed prospects for a number of inter-church initiatives. Welcoming his friends in Antelias, the His Holiness Aram I stressed the need for continued contact and close cooperation between the three churches.

      Source: Armenian Catholicosate Of Cilicia