Re: An Aramaic Syriac orthodox priest shot dead in Baghdad

  • Mathew G M
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 11, 2008
      Dear brothers,

      After we read about the tragic killing of Father Youssef, many wrote
      words of condolences. That all very good.

      Father Youssef leaves behind his wife, Lamia (Kochamma) and his
      children. The question arises how is this family to survive without its head. Don't we as members of the church have a responsiblity to this family whose head dedicated his life for Christ and the Church ? What about their safety? What about their livelihood? food? shelter? education ?

      Can we do more than words ? Can we contribute to that family? Can we as a church rise up the occasion to provide for this family?

      I also have a request to H.G Mar Militious Thirumeni of Trichur of IOC. When H.G ordained a Bishop for SOC in Europe and established a church for the SOC in California, H.G said he was doing it to help the SOC. My request of H.G is that help is needed not just by the wealthy SOC immigrants in Europe and America. Help is required by the poor and suffering SOC members in Iraq. Can Mar Militious visit Iraq, spend time with the suffering SOC members, offer them assistance ? That would be true help for SOC.

      In Christ,
      Mathew G M