LORD'S OF NEW ERA

  • Cecil.K.Varghese
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 7, 2008
      Dear all,

      Do you believe the lordship of olden days exist in our Church? Feudal lords are still in our church ( not in direct way) . One side we proudly proclaims we are Marthoma Christians and, the apostolic relationship between the Throne of Antioch and Malankara is our life blood, other side we are doing many things against the will of God.

      Even though there is an imaginary world of equality in the church, practically we are still in the grip of Lord Ship of olden days. In one or other way the difference between the haves and have nots existing in all the parishes, wealth, education or family status. When we approach to a decision making in the parish automatically it comes out. This is an unhealthy practice. These groups will do anything to show 'they are church lovers'. All these works haven't neither the love of Jesus nor backing of the church, but the time being they create an image as church lovers.

      Another practice I found is that they can easily keep away the people whom they don't like from the main stream of the church. For that they can convince the majority to amend the bye-law of the parish. The fishing in the dirty water is present in many of the out side Kerala churches. Common peoples stand is that just go and attend the Qurbana and go home, it helps the Lords. Why we have two or more churches with in five miles (out side Kerala) don't think it is for the convenience of travel or number of members exceeding the limitation of the facility. Truly it is because of these Lords divide and rule or split and grow, grow and split policy. They are happy with it. In many cases our Bishops were become helpless to solve the problem and keep them together. The Priests are other victims of these splits. They also become helpless and forced to join in one side due to their existence (in out side Kerala) many cases the Lords define the code of conduct for the Priest. Do we need a third coalition in the church? Those who hold the basic principles of the church, love of Jesus and can treat the members of the church equally, irrespective of their wealth family status education, or when they become member. May the grace of Lord be with us.

      Cecil.K.Varghese
      ID# 890