Spiritual Words.

  • Mark Sadek
    Message 1 of 1437 , Apr 9, 2008
      "We recover the original state of our memory by restoring it to its primal simplicity, when it will no longer act as a source of evil and destructive thoughts. For Adam's disobedience has not only deformed into a weapon of evil the soul's simple memory of what is good; it has also corrupted all its powers and quenched its natural appetite for virtue. The memory is restored above all by constant mindfulness of God consolidated through prayer, for this spiritually elevates the memory from a natural to a supernatural state."

      St. Gregory of Sinai.

      "Blessed is the man who endures temptation; for when he has been approved, he will receive the crown of life which the Lord has promised to those who love Him." James 1:12
    • Mark Sadek
      Message 1437 of 1437 , Jul 26

        "This is the Apostolic faith, the Orthodox faith, and the faith of the Fathers. Having this wonderful treasure, let us preserve it, let us keep it and let us also use it in such a way that this treasure becomes the victory of Christ in us and in His Church."

           St. Severus of Antioch.

        "My people have committed two sins: They have forsaken me, the spring of living water, and have dug their own cisterns, broken cisterns that cannot hold water."  Jeremiah 2:13

        Prayer Requests:

        AA and her kids
        MB - 7/28-30
        Emad