Re: An Aramaic Syriac orthodox priest shot dead in Baghdad

  • Kochumon Mannicherry
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 8, 2008
      May God have mercy on his soul.

      Christians under so much pressure in Iraq,i don tknow how these guys
      survive their.Then again their ancestors suffered the same in the
      past.We in India fight each other with out realising how lucky we
      are.It is not much different in other christian countries either when
      i see the closed church in England i feel sad how ignorant are
      people now days.

      May God console the families and friend as he is the only one who can do anything for them.

      Kochumon Mannicherry
      # 1019

    • Simon Palakkal
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 8, 2008
        Is it Syrian orthodox piest or Assyrian orthodox priest....?

        Because all the newspapers write about this Priest ..he belongs to
        Assyrian Orthodox Priest.

        Simon Palakkal
        ------------------
        Moderators Note:

        Kindly write your Member id no along with all postings. If you do not have an id, please send us your current contact details, in order to allocate a id no to you, before posting other messages in the forum. Thanks for your cooperator.
      • Bibu Philip Matthew
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 9, 2008
          "Precious in the sight of Lord is the death of his saints".

          rgds,
          Bibu Philip Matthew
          Vayaliparambil Pynadath
          # 0074
        • Mathew G M
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 11, 2008
            Dear brothers,

            After we read about the tragic killing of Father Youssef, many wrote
            words of condolences. That all very good.

            Father Youssef leaves behind his wife, Lamia (Kochamma) and his
            children. The question arises how is this family to survive without its head. Don't we as members of the church have a responsiblity to this family whose head dedicated his life for Christ and the Church ? What about their safety? What about their livelihood? food? shelter? education ?

            Can we do more than words ? Can we contribute to that family? Can we as a church rise up the occasion to provide for this family?

            I also have a request to H.G Mar Militious Thirumeni of Trichur of IOC. When H.G ordained a Bishop for SOC in Europe and established a church for the SOC in California, H.G said he was doing it to help the SOC. My request of H.G is that help is needed not just by the wealthy SOC immigrants in Europe and America. Help is required by the poor and suffering SOC members in Iraq. Can Mar Militious visit Iraq, spend time with the suffering SOC members, offer them assistance ? That would be true help for SOC.

            In Christ,
            Mathew G M