Re: An Aramaic Syriac orthodox priest shot dead in Baghdad

  • Johnson Mannathoor
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 8 3:32 AM
      Acharyesha M'sheeha koodashakalarpichor -
      acharyannekuka punyam Natha Stothram

      Dear All in Christ,

      Let us pray for peace in all parts of the world and particularly in
      Iraq. America destroyed the peace and initiated a civil war in Iraq
      but still they are paying heavily for that grave mistake. It is like
      God's curse that the US economy is sinking. Our Holy Patriarch had
      good relations with late Saddam Hussein and that may be one of the
      reasons for the attack on our people. Any way it is thousand times
      better to become a martyr or sufferer for our Lord than becoming so
      at the hands of our own brotheren.(I refer to the Kunnackal church
      issue, Thrikkunnathu church and various churches were so called
      christian brothers are attacking their own kin).

      Let us all pray for peace to prevail till the second coming of our
      Lord.

      In his love,
      Johnson

      > An Aramaic Syriac orthodox priest was shot to death yesterday
      Saturday
      > morning in a neighbourhood of the capital of Baghdad.

    • Kochumon Mannicherry
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 8 3:34 AM
        May God have mercy on his soul.

        Christians under so much pressure in Iraq,i don tknow how these guys
        survive their.Then again their ancestors suffered the same in the
        past.We in India fight each other with out realising how lucky we
        are.It is not much different in other christian countries either when
        i see the closed church in England i feel sad how ignorant are
        people now days.

        May God console the families and friend as he is the only one who can do anything for them.

        Kochumon Mannicherry
        # 1019

      • Simon Palakkal
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 8 5:20 AM
          Is it Syrian orthodox piest or Assyrian orthodox priest....?

          Because all the newspapers write about this Priest ..he belongs to
          Assyrian Orthodox Priest.

          Simon Palakkal
          ------------------
          Moderators Note:

          Kindly write your Member id no along with all postings. If you do not have an id, please send us your current contact details, in order to allocate a id no to you, before posting other messages in the forum. Thanks for your cooperator.
        • Bibu Philip Matthew
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 9 2:37 AM
            "Precious in the sight of Lord is the death of his saints".

            rgds,
            Bibu Philip Matthew
            Vayaliparambil Pynadath
            # 0074
          • Mathew G M
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 11 4:02 PM
              Dear brothers,

              After we read about the tragic killing of Father Youssef, many wrote
              words of condolences. That all very good.

              Father Youssef leaves behind his wife, Lamia (Kochamma) and his
              children. The question arises how is this family to survive without its head. Don't we as members of the church have a responsiblity to this family whose head dedicated his life for Christ and the Church ? What about their safety? What about their livelihood? food? shelter? education ?

              Can we do more than words ? Can we contribute to that family? Can we as a church rise up the occasion to provide for this family?

              I also have a request to H.G Mar Militious Thirumeni of Trichur of IOC. When H.G ordained a Bishop for SOC in Europe and established a church for the SOC in California, H.G said he was doing it to help the SOC. My request of H.G is that help is needed not just by the wealthy SOC immigrants in Europe and America. Help is required by the poor and suffering SOC members in Iraq. Can Mar Militious visit Iraq, spend time with the suffering SOC members, offer them assistance ? That would be true help for SOC.

              In Christ,
              Mathew G M