The Titles

  • Varugese C J
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 8, 2008
      Dear All,

      Now a days a serious discussion is on in SOCM forum in using the titles to our revered shepherds.

      We are the sons and daughters of the Holy Church, the sole Head of it is none other than our LORD, the Son of God. Once he has been saluted as "Teacher" to which HE told the man who used it, "Why are you calling me "teacher", only the God is to be called the "Teacher". The ornamental titles are all man-made ones, and it didn't carry any weight in our LORD'S eye, and then why we should break our head on such silly matters.

      It's a matter of fact, objecting to using this title to Catholicose only created the final rift and division in Malankara, but twisted it into so many other issues. As Dr. George K. John pointed out, we should not give much value to all these salutations. Once you start giving more value to such silly matters you will be finally land in questioning every practices of our Church. The influence of Protestantism is so high in our minds, and finally ended up deserting the mother church. Even our priceless prayers containing unimaginable devotion some time find objection from such people.

      Sometimes I feel the Protestantism and its influence is the need of the hour, and the desertion of people is eminent, and prove our LORD, as HE said once "I will cut the branches, that do not produce the fruit from the tree".

      The number of membership in a church, the number of church buildings are not the matter to be worried, but the quality and purity to faith each of our faithful hold is important.

      With prayers,
      CJ Varughese
      Mem ID 1012