Re: Reply on Good Friday- Crucification

  • Dr.George kunju John
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 6, 2008
      Barekh'Mor!

      Respected Fr.David,

      Achan has honestly pointed out the indiscipline among our church
      members.

      All our sacraments, liturgy and prayers have been arranged so
      divinely to allow the the continous flow of infinite blessings from
      our Lord. If a portion is deleted it will affect the spiritual
      completion. We never do short cuts while we do chemical reactions,
      nor medical treatments including surgery. Recently some born again
      Christian friend told me that we have been given the power by Jesus
      to do spiritual healings by just saying " In the name of Father, Son
      and Holy Spirit I ask the devil to leave this body". It will be done.
      How simple it is. An Orthodox priest while blessing a person Achan
      says the special prayer and completes it with Holy Querbono. The holy
      fathers of the church have shown it to us. Therefore, it is unwise to
      shorten the rituals and prayers unless it is decided by the holy
      synod with the invokation of Holy Spirit.

      Today, any one can abuse any high priest or clergy. A mob can disturb
      the prayers or even holy querbono. How can an Orthodox Christian
      whether Syrian, Greek, Russian or Malankara disturb where one
      worships the Lord Moran Yesu M'sheho. We must attend it silently
      praising the Lord for His mercy on us.

      The power, property greed made us blind to see the Lord. Those who
      works for their vested interest influence the priests so that the
      unrest will prevail in Lord's church permenantly.

      Let us unite to save our holy places from the clutches of
      these 'Dhustharkidar'. Support our clergy to perform the sacraments
      uniterruptedly. Let the divine LOVE enters into us once again so that
      we may respect the priests as the ambassedors of our Lord.

      In my child hood I have seen people stand up when a priest walks in
      front of them. To day, the bishops stand up when a leity enters into
      the room. We can understand the humility but the expression of
      authority is not spiritual.

      We need a total renissance in our church. The only model in front of
      us to restructure the church is the one written in the canon. The
      world government costitution and administrative structure may not
      suit to the Lord's kingdom. The thinkers formulate laws and enact by
      the governments. But the law of church shall be formulated by holymen
      with fast and prayers. We must abide it in toto. If any high priest
      did it against the Will of God may have to answer to Lord.

      with humble prayers

      Dr.George kunju John.P
      ID 0209