The Orthodox Bookstore

  • Mark Sedrak
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1 10:18 PM
      Dear Group Moderators, (Your Eminences, Your Graces, Fathers,
      Brothers, and Sisters),

      I would like to introduce myself to those of you who don't know me.
      My name is Mark Sedrak, and I am a Coptic Orthodox Christian. I am a
      group moderator (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/marksedrak/). I began
      this service almost 12 years, and because of the growth, I needed to
      move it to a more organized forum. So, in 2003, I created the Mark
      Sedrak Yahoo group which has about 2500 members! In addition to the
      mailing distribution, I have been actively serving the Coptic
      community for the last 17 years in various youth ministries in the
      Coptic Orthodox Diocese of Los Angeles.

      Furthermore, I received a Master's degree in Theology from the Pope
      Shenouda Coptic Orthodox Theological Seminary. While studying there,
      my love for patrology was cultivated, and by God's grace grew
      tremendously.

      As part of my service, I have been involved in setting up quite a
      few bookstores and libraries for various parishes and the diocese. I
      specialize in developing the patristic segments of the
      libraries/bookstores. I am also frequently queried about writings of
      the fathers. In an effort to spread the teachings of the fathers, I
      have recently opened up an online bookstore(http://orthodoxbookstore.ecrater.com). Therefore, I am kindly
      asking you permission to post a link to my bookstore to your
      respective groups, and to permit me to periodically send a message.
      I also hope that you may allow me to serve the educational needs of
      your parishes, dioceses, and groups.

      In order to spread the teachings of the fathers, I will try to run a
      monthly special that will focus on one of the writings of the
      fathers. In addition to this, I am working on developing a reading
      program for children. This program may not necessarily be focused on
      the church fathers, but it will be a program that will focus on
      instilling Christian character, and encourage children to read.

      I ask that you pray for me and these projects. Also, if you have any
      particular books that you believe that I should carry, please let me
      know. Unfortunately, at the moment the bookstore is small, due to my
      limited time and finances, but God willing, the bookstore will grow.

      Mark Sedrak
      The Orthodox Bookstore
      orthodoxbookstore@...