Rev. Fr. Dr. Biji Chirathilattu will teach at the University of Graz

  • SOCM News Bureau
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 2 4:15 AM
      The vicar of our Vienna St. Mary�s Malankara Syrian Orthodox Church, Fr. Dr. Biji Chirathilattu has got a unique opportunity to teach at the Karl Franz University in Graz, the capital of Styria State in Austria. He will be teaching in the seminar �Prayers in the East and West� conducted by the Dogmatic branch of the Theology Department there. Different traditions and theologies of prayers in the Eastern churches and the western churches is the subject of the seminar. Univ. Prof. Dr. Bernhard K�rner will be leading this course conducted in the Summer Semester 2008. Fr. Biji will be specially dealing with the teachings on prayers in our church and the other oriental churches. The Graz University has been established in 1585 and now there are about 30,000 students learning there.

      It is the first time that a Syrian Orthodox priest has got the opportunity to teach at this university or in any other European university. At present Bijiahan is teaching at different schools in Vienna and serving as a visiting faculty member at our MSOT Seminary. He has done his theological studies at UTC Banglore, Copenhagen University, Denmark and at the St. Ephrems Seminary in Damascus. In 2002 he has got his doctorate on the subject �Prayers and Fasts in the teachings of Bar Ebroyo.�

      SOCM News Bureau - Europe