Re: Devotional Thoughts for New Sunday - 30th March 08

  • Shinu Jesus Abraham
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 30 2:50 AM
      Respected Mr. Jose Kurian

      Appreciate if you can give more references for the below statements
      of

      1. When others were frightened of the Jews...
      2. It is traditionally believed that St. Thomas reached his finger..

      Thanks

      Shinu Jesus Abraham
      Member ID # 2908

      --- In SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com, Jose Kurian Puliyeril wrote:

      > Immediately our Lord handed over the authority to the blessed
      Apostles to forgive the sins, saying "whose sins are remitted by
      you, they are remitted unto them, and whose sins you retain they are
      retained." 24th Verse says that St. Thomas, our Apostle was not
      there. St. Thomas was brave and he had staunch faith in God
      Almighty. He was not afraid of the Jews and hence he had gone out
      when others were frightened of the Jews and they remained in the
      room in fear and by closing the door. But when he came back, others
      told him what had happened in his absence. They all said "We have
      seen the Lord." But he said, "Except I shall see in his hands the
      print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails
      and thrust my hand into his side, I will not believe."

      > For this reason only our Lord appeared to them all once again
      after 8 days when St. Thomas was with his colleagues. There is no
      reason for the denial of St. Thomas when our Lord asked him to reach
      his finger and to behold our Lord's hand. It is traditionally
      believed that St. Thomas reached his finger through the print of
      nails in our Lord's palms and he did put his hand in the wound on
      the side of our Lord and all the other Apostles kissed the hands of
      the Apostle of India, as it had touched the living blood and flesh
      of our Lord. The tradition says that it was the beginning of the Kai
      Muthu (Kissing the blessed hands of the celebrant) after the Holy
      Eucharist, where