Spiritual Words.

  • Mark Sadek
    Message 1 of 1438 , Apr 1, 2008
      "The object of his praying, therefore, is that his prayer become like incense, and the lifting of hands like an evening sacrifice: both are acceptable. Now, how would that happen? If both were pure, if both were spotless, both tongue and hands, the latter cleansed of avarice and rapacity, the former rid of evil words. After all, as a censer should hold nothing impure, only fire and incense, so too the tongue should not utter a tainted word, only holiness and praise; so too the hands should be a censer. Accordingly, let your mouth be a censer and see to it that you do not fill it with dung; people who utter shameful and unclean words are like that."

      St. John Chrysostom.

      "If you love Me, keep My commandments." John 14:15
    • Mark Sadek
      Message 1438 of 1438 , Jul 27

        "When he saw the great lawlessness of men, and the great love of God for man, The prophet Elijah was provoked and angered And cast pitiless words at the God of great pity, saying `Make Thy anger felt against those who now disregard Thee, most just Judge.' But in no way did he change the heart of the good Lord for the chastisement of those who had scorned Him; for always He awaits the repentance of all men, The only Friend of Man."

           St. Romanos the Melodist.

        "Do not wear yourself out to get rich; have the wisdom to show restraint."  Proverbs 23:4

        Prayer Requests:

        AA and her kids
        MB - 7/28-30
        Emad