Spiritual Words.

  • Mark Sadek
    Message 1 of 1348 , Mar 31 7:59 PM
      "It is one thing to pray for rescue from bad thoughts, another to stand up against them, and another still to despise and ignore them. The first situation is exemplified by the one who said: 'O God, come and help me' (Ps. 69:2); the second by, 'I will speak a word of contradiction to those who reproach me' (Ps. 118:42), and 'You have made us a contradiction to our neighbors' (Ps. 79:7). And of the third the witness is the psalmist: 'I was silent and did not open my mouth, I put a guard on my mouth when the sinner was before me' (Ps. 38:10); 'The proud have gone too far in breaking the law, but I have not turned aside from my contemplation of You' (Ps. 118:51). So the man who stands in the middle position will often make use of the first of these, since he is insufficiently prepared, whereas the man who is still at the first stage cannot use the second method as a way of overcoming his enemies. However, the man who has come as far as the third step will completely ignore the demons."

      St. John Climacus.

      "But you, O man of God, flee these things and pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, gentleness." 1 Timothy 6:11
    • Mark Sadek
      Message 1348 of 1348 , Mar 11 6:46 PM

        "'God's love for men brings it about that salvation and fervor come to us in proportion to the haste each of us makes to be renewed in the fruits of the Spirit, to awaken from the slumber of negligence, to be cleansed of the filth of indifference and of the sluggishness of worldly thoughts, and in proportion to the heat of the flame of our continuous recitation [prayer] night and day."

           St. Theodore.

        "Therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, put on tender mercies, kindness, humility, meekness, longsuffering."  Colossians 3:12

        Prayer Requests:

        John B. - Peace
        M & M - Strong faith
        J. De Ramos - Stage 1 Leukemia.