A Study Bible in Malayalam for the Syrian Church

  • Dr. D. Babu Paul
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 23, 2008
      A Study Bible in Malayalam for the Syrian Church.

      by Dr. D. Babu Paul, Bar Eto Briro

      Before I proceed further I must record my admiration for Bawa
      Thirumeni. His Beatitude has an all-encompassing vision about the
      mission of the Church and this endeavour is proof, if proof were
      needed, of that. I am grateful that Bawa Thirumeni has been pleased
      to associate me with this effort.

      To understand the project on hand and its significance let me go
      back to my childhood for illustration. As in most homes in those
      days when Bible became available for reading in Malayalam we also
      had the practice of a portion being read before or after the evening
      prayers. And later my parents would initiate a sort of discussion on
      the portion read. Very elementary as I see it in retrospect but
      immensely useful; in fact it is those lessons and discussions that
      sowed the seeds that later brought forth Malayalam's first Bible
      Dictionary, and well before that a decade of Bible Classes in
      Trivandrum St. Peter's. Today a repetition of that type of evening
      family get-together is not easy. And all parents may not be able to
      explain or clarify either. At the same time compared to my childhood
      days we have enough material available in print and on line that you
      do not have to be well versed in Bible to teach the children. Bawa
      Thirumeni's effort in launching this project is to make easily
      available the basics to anybody who would care to enquire. It is
      therefore a project that speaks of a dutiful shepherd's sense of
      responsibility.

      To read more, please visit
      http://www.socdigest.org/articles/04mar08.html