Earliest Easter in around 300 years

  • Sandeep Mathew Paravattil
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 13, 2008
      Easter 2008

      A once in a lifetime experience !

      Easter is always the 1st Sunday after the 1st full moon after March 20.
      This dating of Easter is based on the lunar calendar that Hebrew people
      used to identify passover, which is why it moves around on our Roman
      calendar.

      This year is the earliest Easter any of us will ever see.
      And only the most elderly of our population have ever seen it this early
      (95 years old or above)

      And none of us have ever, or will ever, see it a day earlier.

      1) The next time Easter will be this early (March 23) will be the year 2228

      (220 years from now). The last time it was this early was 1913 (so if you're

      95 or older, you are the only ones that were around for that).

      2) The next time it will be a day earlier, March 22, will be in the year
      2285 (277 years from now). The last time it was on March 22 was 1818.
      So, no one alive today has or will ever see it any earlier than this year.

      May we all have a blessed Easter .

      Sandeep Mathew Paravattil
      Ernakulam