Corrigendum Re:"let the Catholicose move to Catholicate, not vice versa"

  • Alex Thomas
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 13, 2008
      Dear Dr.George Kunju John Pulikkottil and all,

      Let me start with a sorry……really sorry for ignoring the pronouns HG/HB while I referred to (LL) HB Paulose II, who was described to me as a living saint by my father during my childhood and HB Thomas I , the Jacob Burdhana of Malankara. Actually I have noticed this mistake yesterday (12/03) morning itself while going through the draft message saved in my desktop and considered sending the corrected message but the thought that the moderators might have already posted the message in the forum prevented me to do that. Any way I am thankful to Dr.George Kunju John Pulikkottil that he wrote about this mistake which prompted me to send this corrigendum. So I request every readers to read HB/HG in places where I referred our Catholicoses or Metropolitans with the pronoun he/him/his in my message "let the Catholicose move to Catholicate, not vice versa" dated 12-03-2008.

      But I need a little advice from learned members about the issue which pronoun I have to use about a person who is, later enthroned as Catholicose while I refer to a period when HB was serving as a Metropolitan. Whether it is HB itself or HG? Please advice.

      One more clarification I wish to seek. What is the meaning of the word Mar/Mor used with the name of our Metropolitans? I know Mar/Mor itself means My Master. But the clarification I seek is whether we give it any other meaning while Mar/Mor is used with the name of our Metropolitans like Paulose Mar Philaxinose, Mar Gregorious Geevargheese( just for examples sake) etc. Please also give meaning of Moran Mor and Aboon Mor used with the name of HH Patriarch and HB Catholicose.

      Regards,

      Alex Thomas
      # 971
      St.Joseph's Cathedral, Kottayam.