Basic Purpose of Fasting

  • Shibu Podiyan
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 8, 2008
      What is the basic purpose of Fasting?
      To fast to abstain from eating(voluntary)
      Mat 9;14-15,Mk 2:18-20,Lk 5:35
      Fasting was a practice in our early church
      It is an voluntary activity
      To gain spiritual alertness to overcome temptation
      To seek God's will in a specific matter
      Fasting is in repentance for sin
      Fasting further concern for the work of God
      As a pre-requisite for spiritual authority
      For a deliverance or protection
      To humble oneself before God
      As apart of worship
      It helps when we are in deep sorrow