Spiritual Words.

  • Mark Sadek
    Message 1 of 1334 , Mar 6 7:29 PM
      "Passions which are produced from the love of money become invincible when one loses faith in the providence of God. For the one who does not believe, trusts in money. And such a person who hears the saying of the Lord, 'that it is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich person to enter the kingdom,' considers the kingdom as nothing - even the heavenly and everlasting kingdom! - and still yearns for wealth, which is both earthly and transient. Those who crave such riches do not obtain them, and they are injured enormously by the desire itself. For, according to what Paul says, 'they who yearn to be rich fall into temptations and the snares of the devil."

      St. Gregory Palamas.

      "Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." Romans 15:13
    • Mark Sadek
      Message 1334 of 1334 , Feb 17

        "Let us then not be ashamed to confess our sins unto the Lord. Shame indeed there is when each makes known his sins, but that shame, as it were, ploughs his land, removed the ever-recurring brambles, prunes the thorns, and gives life to the fruits which he believed were dead. Follow him who by diligently ploughing his field, sought for eternal fruit: `Being reviled we bless, being persecuted we endure, being defames we entreat, we are made as the off scouring of the world.' If you plough after this fashion you will sow spiritual seed. Plough that you may get rid of sin and gain fruit. He ploughed so as to destroy in himself the last tendency to persecution. What more could Christ give to lead us on to the pursuit of perfection, than to convert and then give us for a teacher one who was a persecutor?"

           St. Ambrose of Milan.

        "Blessed is the man who endures temptation; for when he has been approved, he will receive the crown of life which the Lord has promised to those who love Him."  James 1:12

        Prayer Requests:

        John B. - Peace
        J. De Ramos - Stage 1 Leukemia.
        Mina, I.