What we are getting in return?

  • Alex Thomas
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 3 11:28 PM
      Dear All,

      Please do go through the below extract from a message published in Indian Orthodox forum by one Mr. A C Varkey and feel the difference between how that forum is treating messages about us in return of our(SOCM’s) warmth and friendliness to that particular church/forum members.

      If they are going like this, what is my request to moderators is please stop providing space to contributors/contributions from/about IOC. Why should book publishers, bishops and events of IOC get publicity through a forum for our church?

      I request fellow forum members to respond with your comments on this issue.

      Regards,

      Alex Thomas
      # 971
      St Joseph’s Cathedral, Kottayam.

      From the desk of moderators

      Dear Alex, we do understand your concern. This is the core difference between the two Churches and the forums. As we stated in our home page, this forum entertain the postings from the members who are registered with us and disclosed their identity, subject to that the messages should be within the Orthodox teachings and/or traditions and keeping a language decorum. We the moderators considered the MOSC members as prodigal sons of the Church and hope and pray for their return to the true faith and to the holy mother church. Let us pray together for this very same person as well.

      Extract from Message #19268 named ‘kallumkathara pally latest tactics’ published in Indian Orthodox Church Forum.

      (………I am witness to many doopaprarthanas at Kallungathra by our Achen without any untoward incident and people from both groups attending the service for the past more than a decade. The reason why this time it happened is because Pradhaman wants problems and with the help of Kefa it is easy and can add to the list of churches to negotiate. He can also prove to HH Aram if at all he comes, that he is the genuine Catholicose person sitting on the throne of St.Thomas which is laid on the bosom of St.Peter's throne.
      Now the Mafriyano himself is coming to Kallungathra on 24th Feb to demonstrate his new clad how to instigate rivalry and create riots. (Asharichiyeyum kadichu, ariyum thinnu, pinayum pattikku muru muruppa).

      Meanwhile, Pradhaman is in immediate need of two celib'r'ate priests who can pay the capitation for the position of methran in Idukki & Calicut. Pradhaman is having a target of 41 which will give him the number fitting to the dignity of Alibaba. If he can wait around till September'08, he may get a few dissidents from the Orthodox faction to become methrans. One dissident who left us after the last election in 2004 is still waiting in the wings to become the Bishop of Ranni. Inspite of he pledging his ancestral property to Pradhaman, he can't meet the capitation amount to become a Bishop.
      'Wikipedia' confirms that Pradhamans society is the biggest church in Kerala (sorry Malankara) with more and more priests getting converted to Bishops every day. May be if you convert people to his faith, the Hindu fundamentalist may attack. Moreover, why to bother to covert a person to his faith spending money when you will get money from every priest who is converted to a Bishop.

      Let us see what has Pradhaman & Co got on and after Feb 24th 2008. He is also on the look out for a few dissidents to get a stay order for the association meet planned for Sept 11th as it is turning out to be customary on their part every time our Association is convened. So please be aware.

      A. C. Varkey, Kottayam ……………………………………)
    • Lijo Mathew
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 7 11:15 PM
        Dear Alexchayan,

        Don't be concerned over such messages. No body will give attention to such third rated messages. Even the IOC members themselves will think about the low standard of some of their members. Any one who believe in GOD "cannot compare bishops to thieves" (ALIBABA as mentioned by respected Mr. A.C.Varkey) and I feel so sad about a christian to talk like this.

        From our side, I saw lot of condolence messages in our forum from moderators and members recently during the death of Thomas Mar Makarios. We still show our decency and respect. Be proud of being a Jacobite. Some IOC members still has to learn that they will get respect only if they give respect to others.

        Lijo Kavunkal
        # 3090