A different Approach to FASTING

  • CJ Varughese
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 3, 2008
      Normally FASTS have a tendency to be oriented towards things like giving up food or television. But there are many more creative ways we can welcome Jesus' healing touch. Here are suggestions you may want to consider:

      1. FAST from ANGER & HATRED:
      Give at least to your family an extra dose of love each day;

      2. FAST from JUDGING others:
      Before making any judgments, recall how Jesus overlook our faults;

      3. FAST from DISCOURAGEMENT:
      Hold on to Jesus' promise that has a perfect plan for your life;

      4. FAST from COMPLAINING:
      When you find yourself about to complain, close your eyes and recall some of the little moments of joy JESUS has given you;

      5. FAST from RESENTMENT of BITTERNESS;
      Work on forgiving those who may have hurt you;

      6. FAST from SPENDING too much money:
      Try to reduce your spending by atleast 10 percent and give those savings to the poor;

      WISHING you ALL PEACE, LOVE AND HAPPINESS duing this LENT.

      CJ Varughese
      Mem ID 1012
    • Santhosh
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 5, 2008
        Dear Varughese,

        Your suggessions are already included in our prayers using in this
        fasting season arranged by our forefathers. Fasts are fullfilled not
        only giving up some kind of food but also obey the words of Jesus
        Christ. Food changes a man or woman only physically. In our church,
        the complete change(Spiritually,mentally and physically)is essential
        for the periods of fasting and it help us to lead a good Christian
        life.So your suggessions aloso relevant for this time.

        Santhosh.
        3088